• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

STRAPPING THE PLATFORM TO TREE METHODS

eightwgt

Question : What is better- The straps on the platform or strap on a button on the vertical bar ?? Im making a DIY platform and cant decide which way to make it- I love this style someone on here made and decided to make something similar after seeing this pic BUT cant decide to strap it tp platform or make a longer tube, add button and strap it (like the predator)
SO A style or B style

SO Whats best / easier / and why why why lol

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 6ddaf0d12082d7100817cdad97ea9d9f.jpg
    6ddaf0d12082d7100817cdad97ea9d9f.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 76
  • cca5be494877dd6bf9f017572cf4264c.jpg
    cca5be494877dd6bf9f017572cf4264c.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 76
  • tom-platform-2.jpg
    tom-platform-2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Those two platforms are similar but work differently. I've made diy of both styles and chose a different style altogether. To me the cam over styles didn't get as tight and ''rock solid'' as I'd like. I like the simplicity and ruggedness of the ''tree suit'' style. Of the two pictured it just boils down to what your skill level is or wallet contents. They both work.....

Those two platforms are similar but work differently. I've made diy of both styles and chose a different style altogether. To me the cam over styles didn't get as tight and ''rock solid'' as I'd like. I like the simplicity and ruggedness of the ''tree suit'' style. Of the two pictured it just boils down to what your skill level is or wallet contents. They both work.....
Explain this style or pic please - Thanks Weldbeast

For a Predator or Klems style platform that pushes away from the tree, typically you use a button and attach the strap towards the top of the platform post. For a platform that doesn't push against the tree like an XOP/LW seat or SloMo Scooter platform, you attach the strap directly to the platform.

So caming these small platforms isnt tight enough and makes noise ?? So I need a longer cam stroke... I can design that in via hing location..... ANYONE wanna chime in on that ?

Back