• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sub $200 saddles

Ehlusive

I'm thinking of buying a saddle for a friend. Looking for something under 200 what's out there (new) under 200. Hawk, covert, h2. Any others?

Custom gear modification sidewinder.

Woods still has a size 2 on there webSite. Just the saddle I think.

Someone had a new transformer on the classifieds. May still be there.

Custom gear modification sidewinder.

Woods still has a size 2 on there webSite. Just the saddle I think.

Someone had a new transformer on the classifieds. May still be there.

Thats mine. Still available and is an awesome saddle. Just like my Aero Flex better..

TX5 Rayder is just a hair over that, and I love mine.

Well, they are $240 (on sale right now) which is on par with quite a few choices over $200.

But, if OP is able to be patient to buy, maybe some more will hit the TX5 Bargain Cave where they were going for $200 on the nose.

There are 2 saddles from Trophyline priced less than $200 right now (Covert Prime and Lite).

I haven't tried them, and am sure they are nice, but I know I personally like some of the other mentioned options, from experience.

People forget the time before 300 saddles and more gadgets than needed that a 25 seat and a molle pouch got them through…. But hey what do I know I’m a treestand guy.
Good point. RCH and a sit drag. See if they like it. Then wait for something good on sale. The RCH can always be used for something.

Outdoor Made Agile is $200. This is a new company out of Wisconsin. They were at my saddle meetup this year and received good reviews for comfort, weight and pack ability from pretty much everyone that tried it (including myself). Website shows currently out of stock with a comment that EWO also caries them.

I personally would like to see them do some independent load testing and durability testing before I would jump into it.

Sit drag. Time tested saddlehunter approved

I know fleece gets some love, but I didn't get a sense that sit drags were considered very comfy or user friendly on the whole.

Maybe a Dryad Hammock/Mini Hammock ($114-119) and RCH is a better newer option?

I’d factor in turnaround time. Mark at Treehopper usually has Recons in stock and ships fast. I’d buy it over a Hawk. H2 isn’t a bad option either.

Back