• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Success at Being Unsuccessful!

Smokingbarrel270

Well ladies and gents, yesterday was Georgia's archery opener and it was a doozy. I initially planned to hunt my hunting property but a couple days before in our clubs group text I found out that my club decided they were gonna drive the property and drove hunt the cleared plots. I was left shaking my head in disbelief so I picked up my chin and decided to hunt my local public. I knew where some water was and went out Friday to go take a look. The spot had great trails, good water, easy access. I should have known that spelled disaster. I saw a ground blind made of camo netting up on the hill and figured it was from last year but just in case I wanted to make sure I beat them to the spot in the morning. Saturday morning came and I hit the road early, stopped for my orange juice and apple turnovers for the tree, got to the parking area and no one was there... success!!! Grabbed my gear and hit the trail, made it to the spot and started climbing. About 10' I realized the tree i was climbing was dead. Down the tree I went, and up the tree right next to me. Made it up my living tree and set up and ready and just as it's getting daylight I see movement... I was being joined by my ground blind hunters who came in from south, which happens to be the longest route possible and right through the bedding area. I whistle and flash my headlamp at them and I hear the lady say "how in the world" haha they backed out quietly and went back through the bedding area for a second time. Later I was visited by another hunter walking around the water source at 6:40pm.To no surprise, I didnt see one deer all day but learned some lessons.

Back