• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Summer burnin’

IkemanTX

Oh man, you gotta LOVE when you are scouting a place and stumble upon a fresh summer prescribed burn!!!! The burn was over 700 acres too! I had my son with me, and we eased our way around 3/4 of the fire break circle to see the extent. Happened upon a coyote up on her feet at 10:00am chowing down on roasted bugs and rodents.

I consider it a personal treat from the DNR because the removed all the grass so I could more easily see concentrations of droppings to narrow down bedding. Add in 2.5” of rain on this place in the last 3 days, and you have a recipe for a TON of fall food attraction for season.

9f471895e9a680fa45796bcda3f8a34a.jpg

6eacb0ebf8384c01242bbc958bf5ce03.jpg

A Mexican plum tree found terminating all its fruit from the fire damage. She will pop back just fine next year, because the limbs and trunk look just fine.

031f41365599ddc75608808f9725af16.jpg

One of the best things to do for wildlife and the soil .Will be some great hunting good luck.

Back