• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Summit pouches

BigAl

Well maybe this is old news.....or not anything of value for most of the guys with the smaller version of saddles but here goes........ I attached 2 summit saddle bags on my trophyline. It's an old model so of course it's set up different than most of you guy's setup. They are tapered, so I put the narrow portion up front of course. For those who don't want a bunch of junk on their saddle......may not be your cup of tea. Me....I love them. Enough room for several things you always take with you and still room for a snack or a water bottle if you don't want to take a pack that hunt. They don't offer any on their website but anyone with summit stands with them attached....try it. If not your deal.....ehh.....no big deal.....but you might like too. I have suspenders on mine so weight is not an issue but. It might be with your setup. It keeps all my stuff I want in hands reach well....just that. I can put something down in a hurry in a pouch and not worry about falling for the most part. Ok..........that's my small idea that I wanted to share.......guys are way smarter than I are on this forum.....please excuse me if this is old news. I just liked mine so much I wanted to help others if works for them. GOOD SADDLE HUNTING!

I have two summit climbers with the saddle bags. I may try this out. Thanks for sharing. The snap loops would probably work great through the molle loops on your saddle.

I have two summit climbers with the saddle bags. I may try this out. Thanks for sharing. The snap loops would probably work great through the molle loops on your saddle.
The style I have has velcro to attach to the molle loops and zippers elsewhere. Quite a bit of room available. Easy to attach and remove if you don't like it.......no money spent! :wink:

I use a military dump pouch on my right side and a Tethered sys hauler on my left.
The sys hauler holds my tether & linemans rope. I have to say I like the size of the sys hauler
but there is no stiffness to support the sys hauler and it is limp. It's a pain to load after a long
cold hunt with gloves on. Looking to switch to another ammo dump pouch of something simular
but a tad larger ?

I use a military dump pouch on my right side and a Tethered sys hauler on my left.
The sys hauler holds my tether & linemans rope. I have to say I like the size of the sys hauler
but there is no stiffness to support the sys hauler and it is limp. It's a pain to load after a long
cold hunt with gloves on. Looking to switch to another ammo dump pouch of something simular
but a tad larger ?
If you can access one of the summit side pouches and put one on. ....the velcro straps are kinda awkward to get put in but they are easy to use!

Back