• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Summit Safety Line

Limbbender

I have searched as much as possible on here with no luck... Does anybody know the specs on the Summit treestand Safety line/rope? Would it work as a tether? They come with all their stands and I use them exclusively when using my climber and XOP. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a similar question. I got a 30' lifeline with my Millennium treestand and I wonder if I can use it not only as a tether but more importantly to rappel down wth. Anyone have experience with this?

I believe the ropes used by summitvare dynamic ie they stretch in case of a fall. Most people use a static line for saddle hunting.

I have been using a summit safety line for a tether for about 8 years now. I have weighed as much as 240 in this time and have had no problems. I am replacing it this year because it is just starting to get worn. I don't know the strength rating but it hasn't failed me.

I am fairly sure they source the same rope as the HSS systems "(https://www.amazon.com/Hunter-Safety-System-Non-Reflective-Lifeline/dp/B001E35VU6) right?

That stuff is most definitely static rope and works fine as a tether. The downside, the sheath is extremely soft and is prone to fraying and I just don't find it that nice to work with. Treestand harnesses all use "screamer" type sewn webbing as shock absortion as far as I know, none use dynamic rope. Dynamic rope needs longer fall distances than one should be experiencing from a treestand to be effective.

I have searched as much as possible on here with no luck... Does anybody know the specs on the Summit treestand Safety line/rope? Would it work as a tether? They come with all their stands and I use them exclusively when using my climber and XOP. Thanks!

Are you thinking the 30 foot rope with a prusik? Were you going to cut it shorter or use it full length? It would work but a long rope as will swing below you as you move in the tree and might draw attention of the deer. You need to manage a long tether. A shorter tether doesn’t swing around as much where it might draw the deer’s attention.

That rope is a bigger diameter and is a bulkier rope too but works fine.

I was just talking about the rope that goes around the tree that has the prusic on it that attaches to the safety harness. I am new to the see. And am just wanting to see what equipment I already have that may work.

You could make a couple tethers with one of those. You should be good to go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back