• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Surplus Gen3 ECWCS sizing help

sokraski

SH Member
Looking for some help with the Gen 3 ECWCS sizing, specifically level 7, but will probably pick up levels 1, 2, & 3 as well (the price is right for having some extra layers around if my current stuff is dirty or gets torn/ruined). I'm 5'8" 175 lbs. My chest with measuring tape is 42" and waist with measuring tape is ~35". I have a couple pair of BDU bottoms that are Large (35-39) but I have to cinch them down to the minimum size in order to keep them on me .

According to armyproperty.com I would need a Medium top and XL bottoms. I have gone through a lot of reviews that I can find online looking for similar body builds and sizes that they used, but that just got me more confused with conflicting responses.

If you are talking about US Army gear:

I am 5'7" 195 and I wore large tops and bottoms. If I were you I'd get mediums. The ECWCS runs a little loose (baggy so you can use air as insulation between layers). My waist is right at 36" and always found myself right in the middle of mediums and larges.

If you are talking about US Army gear:

I am 5'7" 195 and I wore large tops and bottoms. If I were you I'd get mediums. The ECWCS runs a little loose (baggy so you can use air as insulation between layers). My waist is right at 36" and always found myself right in the middle of mediums and larges.

Much appreciated.

Back