• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Swaider with aider(no Knaider)

Jokerswild

So... looking at set ups peopel use. Wondering about the following..

A. Using full length sticks.
B. Adding an aider to eack one this would replace the knaider? Also be useful for mid range climbs.
C. Using a Swaider for just the longer spans?

Best of all worlds???

Also thinking about attaching the aider to the middle rung...gives a guy something to grab...going up or down...so you can pull the sick away from the tree and get your foot IN it?

I am WAAAYYY new to this so let me know if Im missing something

Are you wanting to carry the aider as you move up? This is called a CAYG aider. You can use a Swaider by itself to gain about an extra 18" in your steps if your put the carabiner down toward the bottom of your knee and have the shock cord run all the way up to your saddle. I made one of rope while I was on a trip and decided I needed to squeeze a little more height out of my muddy pros.

I found that I was basically using the swaider at the length of a knaider. I also just slipped the carabiner over the end of the step, in tight against the stick and put my weight on it to keep it in place then when I stepped up, the shock cord would pull the carabiner off the step and allow me to move up.

I see. I like to use tubular webbing with a water knot on either side to make my aiders. I'll tie it to the step, which gives the aider standoff from the tree. I'll cut about 8" of cheap rope and slide it inside the webbing and then tie the other water knot. I made mine about 18" of step but I'd have to measure the actual webbing to tell you exact length.

Are you wanting to hook your swaider to the aider you'll have in place on your stick or just swaider to stick, step on aider...climb up? That would probably work but might be unnecessary if you're carrying full length sticks, depending on how many you carry.

With my LW minis I’m using two swaiders connected by shock cord that runs through my bridge loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swaider to stick, step on aider...climb up -THIS

The fixed aider taking place of the Knaider. Could climb "as is" . .....also could climb with Aiders.

Could spread further.........Swaider, Aider, Stick step......, step .......step......... repeat

swaider to stick, step on aider...climb up -THIS

The fixed aider taking place of the Knaider. Could climb "as is" . .....also could climb with Aiders.

Could spread further.........Swaider, Aider, Stick step......, step .......step......... repeat

This is basically what I do now with some APIs that I cut down to make beast stick knock offs, except I'm still running a knaider that way. It'll work and you'll get REAL high with a 3 step stick. If you run Lone Wolves, you'll wind up fiddling with which side your step is on in regards to your swaider, but otherwise it'll work well. I just am adding a loop for my knaider on these sticks and running the combo so it's the same every time if I decide to run my APIs over my Wild Edge steps.

So... looking at set ups peopel use. Wondering about the following..

A. Using full length sticks.
B. Adding an aider to eack one this would replace the knaider? Also be useful for mid range climbs.
C. Using a Swaider for just the longer spans?

Best of all worlds???

Also thinking about attaching the aider to the middle rung...gives a guy something to grab...going up or down...so you can pull the sick away from the tree and get your foot IN it?

I am WAAAYYY new to this so let me know if Im missing something
This is a great idea!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am going to test one stick over Christmas some and I currently use knaider/swaider on my WE steps. I tried aider on the steps and didn’t like how I had to get big winter boots into the aider.

I had thought to prevent this maybe I could add a continuous loop to the top of my muddy stick and use the swaider as my extra step/aider. Then leave it attached while climbing and it can also be my way that if I drop the step it will be attached to my foot/swaider.

It’s all theory but hope to really test it out next week.

I am going to test one stick over Christmas some and I currently use knaider/swaider on my WE steps. I tried aider on the steps and didn’t like how I had to get big winter boots into the aider.

I had thought to prevent this maybe I could add a continuous loop to the top of my muddy stick and use the swaider as my extra step/aider. Then leave it attached while climbing and it can also be my way that if I drop the step it will be attached to my foot/swaider.

It’s all theory but hope to really test it out next week.

How was your aider made?

It was a pre-made 3 step aider.

Oh I see what you're saying now. Personally and aider built the way I described for one sticking is probably the way you'll like best. It gets held open and has standoff from the tree so there's little to no fiddle factor in terms of getting your boot in.

Oh I see what you're saying now. Personally and aider built the way I described for one sticking is probably the way you'll like best. It gets held open and has standoff from the tree so there's little to no fiddle factor in terms of getting your boot in.

Thanks man. I will add that to my build list and testing for the 1 sticking.

Back