• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Switching from Tree saddle to aero hunter

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
There is still a long time to make a decision on whether I want to make the switch to the aero hunter this year. I did not make the switch last year because I wanted to give the product some time to develop.

So what are the pro's and con's of the aero hunter vs. the tree saddle? Convince me to switch.

I can't give you a comparison. I'm sure Joe or Boswell can chime in on this. I know if I was you I might give it some time and talk to Casey @ Newtribe b/c he was having some chats with Eberhart so something could be brewing as far as improvements or refinements. I'm sure there will be an Aerohunter 2.0. Who knows all I know that even if they come out with an improvement I think its great the way it is and I would let mine run its safe operational period before I got a new one.

Yea I heard that too. I'm in no rush to get a new one and because it was so new thats why I didn't bother trying it next year. I have heard such great things about it already, I am looking forward to what is to come :D

I found out today there is a new aero hunter being tested now and possibly out sometime in June!.i will not reveal my source! Lol :lol:

I was talking to them today and I was told they would reveal it in a few weeks, as of now I will keep using the tree saddle.i think they have a way to go yet, plus they were not very informal about there saddle they have out now.

I've also heard a new one is in the works. A couple people "in the know" have posted that on here ;)

June would be great timing for me... someone has a birthday in june... :lol:

I'm curious if they will just tweak it a little or change it to something more like the ambush saddle.

DePalma said:
I'm curious if they will just tweak it a little or change it to something more like the ambush saddle.

This is what John said:
"Had the opportunity to talk to the people at New Tribe for quite a while today and they are very close to finalizing a new unit that will not only rival the tree saddle, but will probably be more comfortable and easier to use. "

From everything I have heard about version 1, I would expect they will just be modifying it rather than making it similar to the ambush. I think they will be making it more "hunter friendly", i.e. quieter perhaps. They are admittedly new to the hunting industry but they have a great bunch of hunters advising them so I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

Had a long talk with Bobby and he, Joe, and myself are all working with New Tribe on a new harness system (we are not getting paid to do so). As you would expect, we each have our little quirks as to what designs we like (Bobby and I are definitely on the same page with every design aspect) so are working together to come up with as perfect a unit as possible concerning comfort and ease of use, to present to New Tribe.

Have no idea what the new unit will be called but should be out by June or July. The current Aero Hunter is a nice unit but the new one should blow it away.

John Eberhart said:
Had a long talk with Bobby and he, Joe, and myself are all working with New Tribe on a new harness system (we are not getting paid to do so). As you would expect, we each have our little quirks as to what designs we like (Bobby and I are definitely on the same page with every design aspect) so are working together to come up with as perfect a unit as possible concerning comfort and ease of use, to present to New Tribe.

Have no idea what the new unit will be called but should be out by June or July. The current Aero Hunter is a nice unit but the new one should blow it away.

John, I was just gonna ask this on the other thread where you referenced your hybrid style sling. I know how much you love what you are using. Will the design you are presenting be something similar?

redsquirrel said:
John Eberhart said:

John, I was just gonna ask this on the other thread where you referenced your hybrid style sling. I know how much you love what you are using. Will the design you are presenting be something similar?

The design will be very similar to what we already know and have seen from New Tribe. John's design to be honest with you, would scare then hell out of most people. He uses VERY little material. It is something that he does not show much of for a reason. It is only for the most experienced saddle users. At least that is my opinion on what I have seen and know about his set up.

Thanks,
Boswell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Yep...I imagine that John doesn't want people to see his heavily-modified design, duplicate it then try to sue him when they do something wrong, fall out of it and get hurt or killed.

I completely understand that...given all of the litigious idiots out there... :x

FWIW, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to fall out of the Aero Hunter as Boswell has shown in a recent video. I've also tried to do it and cannot.

"Aero" Joe

Following John Eberhart for so many years, I'm going to wait for the evolvement of his input on this new product. Then make my first purchase. Hopefully I will have one in hand and practicing by August and readying myself for Michigan's fall deer season.

Sniper4hire said:
Following John Eberhart for so many years, I'm going to wait for the evolvement of his input on this new product. Then make my first purchase. Hopefully I will have one in hand and practicing by August and readying myself for Michigan's fall deer season.

Welcome to the site!

John has had input on the new design and he said "The current Aero Hunter is a nice unit but the new one should blow it away."

From everything I have heard from the guys helping New Tribe tweak the design for hunters this should be the greatest hunting saddle yet. I am really looking forward to getting mine and testing it out.

Thanks Redsquirrel. Nice to be here. I've been using a TL saddle for several years but really like the looks/design of the Aero Hunter. For those who aren't familiar with John Eberhart, he is a Michigan native and IMO the best pure Whitetail deer hunter on the planet, with his son Chris a close second. By his influence I got my first TL saddle a few years back and it has been a key component in my hunting success ever since. Although I have two of them, I can't wait to strap on an Aero Hunter and welcome in a new tool to my gear set.

Back