• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

T-hook vs G-hook

denots

I noticed that tethrd is now offering a new hook called the T hook. In my opinion it looks very similar to the G Hook minus a slight design change. I'm wondering if anybody knows the reason for the switch. I'm sure they think they are better in some way, but why? Anybody have any input on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I ordered the T hooks but haven’t gotten them yet. The ghooks can flop around and get unhooked. Sometimes the tip of the hook catches the webbing and perforates it. So far it doesn’t seem the webbing has been ruined by this but it is annoying. I did add shock chord around the hook to keep them from flopping around.

I’m hoping the thooks are less aggressive and don’t punch through the webbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my new hooks yesterday. Minor adjustment in the scheme of things.

Anyone have pics of this? I didnt see what your talking about on their site.

Thanks, but I'm familiar with the website. I was wondering if the hooks stay hooked up better than the originals and possibly if they had a higher load rating. I didn't figure they switched them just to switch them. There must be some reason, but it doesn't say what makes them better on the site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back