• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactacam notifies me twice

Looks like this.
d284d1a8d6886bb4c36e016a173cfc68.jpg

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Ah it’s not an Apple. Order an iPhone

I think its because one is from the app itself and one is in the default app notifications in settings.

You should be able to either go into settings- general- sounds and notification- turn off for Tactacam or go into the app itself and under account disable notifications.

Might be wrong on the path under setting depending on phone.

I noticed the same thing and found it annoying. I'll try turning off the email notifications.

nice, I dont get any notifications anymore. I just randomly check and look, some new pics. I have droid and have to reboot phone once in awhile for app to respond. I want to love the camera, and for the price I guess I do. Could be better though. Wish there was an on demand picture function so I could just see whats around anytime I want.

I only had push turned on, but still got 2 alerts per trigger, so I emailed and they responded as a known issue.

"Hi, thanks for reaching out! They are aware of the double notification issue with Android devices and will hopefully have it fixed very soon in an update, I do apologize because I know how annoying it can be. If you have any questions please let me know, thank you!"

nice, I dont get any notifications anymore. I just randomly check and look, some new pics. I have droid and have to reboot phone once in awhile for app to respond. I want to love the camera, and for the price I guess I do. Could be better though. Wish there was an on demand picture function so I could just see whats around anytime I want.
That would be really cool.

For the money, I don't think you can beat these cameras.

I really like exodus cameras. Their quality is superb. They're very expensive though compared to the Reveal.

Thx @Bwhana

Yeah I have a couple out too. Needs a few upgrades to be a great camera. I’d like it to have better quality pics sent to my phone. If the deer isn’t right in front the camera and you have to zoom, the quality sucks. What’s the point of a cell camera if you have to pull a card to view the pics. But it just lets you know something is there. Guess that’s good enough.
No issues with double notifications with my iPhone.

I work for Tactacam. The double notification is a glitch in the app along with iPhones not getting sound with their notifications. This will be fixed when we release the next update. Lots of cool things are coming with this camera. One of which is HD downloads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I work for Tactacam. The double notification is a glitch in the app along with iPhones not getting sound with their notifications. This will be fixed when we release the next update. Lots of cool things are coming with this camera. One of which is HD downloads.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! HD download option will be amazing!

What about location data if your camera gets stolen???

I LOVE the camera so far. I also get the double notifications, and customer service told me they were aware, and addressing it. I have had GREAT experiences with their customer service, and this is worth a lot to me. if they keep treating me well, and upgrading their product, i'm going to be spending a lot of money on their cameras!

How about an option to have it work as a cellular cam during certain hours, but keep working a a regular cell cam during the off hours? I use the work timer feature now, because I just want daylight pics sent to my phone, but when I pull the card, I'd like to have the night pics too! and yes, I recognize this is because I'm cheap!!!!

Back