• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactacam Reveal x users...

Topdog

SH Member
So here we go, I have screwed around for the last couple days in my yard really learning these new cameras, I was just about ready to pull the plug and give up but I finally have learned a few things that changed my mind and mite help somebody else so...
#1 Burst mode, when these cameras are in 2 or 3 shot burst mode they will never transmit the extra photos, always just the first picture taken during the series of burst, it doesn’t matter if the cam is set on timely delivery, once a day or twice a day, you are only going to get the first photo of a burst delivered to you, the other photos will still be saved to your SD card.
#2 When your camera is set on timely delivery, there is an approximate 35 second delay where your cam is not taking pictures after the last picture is taken during the burst, or if your in single picture mode (no burst) then the 35 second delay starts after the single picture is taken, I don’t know why but that’s the way it is, it must have something to do with the camera uploading the picture to be delivered immediately.
#3 When your camera is in once a day, or twice a day delivery mode, there is an approximate 6 second delay where your camera is not taking pictures after the last picture is taken during the burst, or if your in single picture mode then the 6 second delay starts after that.
#4 My thoughts... This is a great camera, as of now, it was very frustrating at first but after a couple afternoons of really dialing it in and figuring out what the hell was going on with it I am now liking it. The detection distance is unreal, I didn’t measure the distance but it’s the best I have ever seen on a cheap camera, the photo quality is great, the trigger speed is crazy fast, setting it up was a PITA at first because the book starts off great and then for whatever reason takes a huge dump towards the end but I got it figured out after watching a few youtube videos and lurking on Archerytalk. One thing I will add, I turned my sensitivity down to 5 and most of the time I was in the frame of the first photo during the burst, I believe the detection lens or whatever is a bit wider than the actual photo size, so if a deer is creeping along the camera wakes up and starts taking pictures before the deer is actually in the full frame, and with the fact it’s only the first photo of a burst being delivered to your cell phone, your going to get a blank photo delivered, with the next photos being saved on the SD card, the ones you really want to see. So I know this is a bit confusing but after several hours of testing and wasting a bunch of my data plan I feel confident in these findings and wanted to share my experience. I’m going to use them, I just wanted to get the bugs worked out before I walked 3 miles and drove 2 hours to set them out to soak. My cameras are in the big woods and I’m lucky to get one deer picture every couple days and usually they are on the move so I want as many photos going off as I can, so my setting will be for the Reveal x, once a day delivery, 3 shot burst with 2 second intervals, in my testing, this for me had the best results. The burst mode is so fast with the interval set to zero you literally get 3 of the same pictures, it’s pointless in my opinion, the 2 second interval is just about perfect for a walking deer. Long winded post.... I hope this helps somebody.

Topdog

SH Member
One more thing, the cell service in my yard is good, one could only imagine if your camera is in spotty cell service I bet the delay of 35 seconds if your using “timely” delivery could grow significantly longer, something to think about if you have crappy cell service where the cams are going.

bigmike23

Good read thanks. Camera is superb for what it costs. Does exactly what I need. I found the battery life great, and the data plans form perfectly priced for me. I also run them in big woods and the 250 for 5 plan is perfect. I have out 9 and that costs me 45 a month. Not bad at all

TK161BOONER

SH Member
Pick up 14 of the Verizon X cameras today at a gun shop for $115 each...After testing them out today they seem like great cameras. Thanks for the post again, it saved me some time.

gcr0003

SH Member
Pick up 14 of the Verizon X cameras today at a gun shop for $115 each...After testing them out today they seem like great cameras. Thanks for the post again, it saved me some time.
That very cool. With that many cameras you’ll be getting tons of photos. Would you share pictures as you get them for us folks without cameras once you get them set up and running? Also, be sure to let us know how they work out for you. With 14 of them I’m sure you’ll know them in and out by the time season gets here with any and all of their flaws and imperfections. I’m itching to get one but I hunt public so I’m nervous to put one out just to get stolen.

gcr0003

SH Member
That very cool. With that many cameras you’ll be getting tons of photos. Would you share pictures as you get them for us folks without cameras once you get them set up and running? Also, be sure to let us know how they work out for you. With 14 of them I’m sure you’ll know them in and out by the time season gets here with any and all of their flaws and imperfections. I’m itching to get one but I hunt public so I’m nervous to put one out just to get stolen.
Also do I need 14 cell cameras to kill booners like the one in your profile? Son!

Topdog

SH Member
Anytime!

TK161BOONER

SH Member
Also do I need 14 cell cameras to kill booners like the one in your profile? Son!
Haha, I actually killed it here in PA on public with the Mathews in 2015... without a trail cam lol.
I’ll be putting 10 of these on public in OH and IN next week so I’ll be sure to post some photos if I get any...