• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactisaddle update

Jsnake4444

Ordered a tactisaddle on 9/4/19. Went with this saddle for a couple reasons. First and foremost was the claimed turnaround shipping time. It claimed to be 14 days roughly. That and the decent reviews. Just wanted everyone to know that on 9/18/19 I received a shipping notice with tracking number which I was extremely happy to get. But after several days of checking it still was saying pre shipment on USPS website. So after contacting him it seems it will ship the 25th or the 26th. So figure another 3 days at least. Makes me kind of regret not just placing an order or the aero Hunter which was my first choice. Not happy

All saddle makers are trying feverishly to make shipping deadlines. It that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it was the “it’s shipped” email that I received that really was it’s kind of a week away from shipping email that bugged me.

Saddle manufacturers haven’t come close to projected time frames in at least three years. You kind of get used to it but it stinks that no one is honest with their time frames. Especially this time of year. Some kind f the stuff is out of their control but if they are routinely missing deadlines they are either intentionally being deceitful or they need to re-evaluate the process they use to estimate time frames. I would love to tell you be patient and you will be so happy once you get it but I’m not so sure with that saddle. I hope you like it.

Saddle manufacturers haven’t come close to projected time frames in at least three years. You kind of get used to it but it stinks that no one is honest with their time frames. Especially this time of year. Some kind f the stuff is out of their control but if they are routinely missing deadlines they are either intentionally being deceitful or they need to re-evaluate the process they use to estimate time frames. I would love to tell you be patient and you will be so happy once you get it but I’m not so sure with that saddle. I hope you like it.
Can you elaborate on why you are skeptical about the tactisaddle? Seemed like the reviews were decent.

Can you elaborate on why you are skeptical about the tactisaddle? Seemed like the reviews were decent.
It may very well be a great and comfortable saddle. When I look at it I don’t see it being comfortable but enough people say they like it that I’m almost willing to try it myself and see. Until then I will stick with the collection I have. I’m not against trying it but if I had to pick one saddle for all situations it wouldn’t be on my short list. At least not at this time.

I feel you bud, my tactisaddle showed up last week, about a week and 3 days after the it shipped email.

But the good news is, I've been out 3 times, I like it a lot better than my mantis, mantis kept trying to climb up my butt, nothing like that out of the tactisaddle.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Another Michigan innovation. Why has no saddle company addressed suspension trauma? That was one of the main reasons I got into saddle hunting and far away from hunters safety system.

Another Michigan innovation. Why has no saddle company addressed suspension trauma? That was one of the main reasons I got into saddle hunting and far away from hunters safety system.
I think one of the main advantages to a saddle is that a well-fit saddle prevents suspension trauma altogether.

Reactions: BFI
I think one of the main advantages to a saddle is that a well-fit saddle prevents suspension trauma altogether.
I'm assuming overall comfort is the greatest and most objective factor to analyze a saddle's ability to minimize or prevent suspension trauma; however, are there other factors that are not well known? There was an article put out several years ago regarding the number of mountain climbers who later died from suspension trauma related clotting and clotting release. Conceivably, these climbers were all "comfortable" during their hours long and sometimes days long climbs. We can be in these saddles awhile and It always bugs me just a little bit that what other factors should we all be aware of to prevent this. I'm assuming with the ability to move from sit to lean and in different positions the probability of developing pelvis area clots is minimal but I wonder if it ever ads to it in any appreciable way. Just being on the road driving a lot can increase the incidence of developing blood clots though too!!!

I'm assuming overall comfort is the greatest and most objective factor to analyze a saddle's ability to minimize or prevent suspension trauma; however, are there other factors that are not well known? There was an article put out several years ago regarding the number of mountain climbers who later died from suspension trauma related clotting and clotting release. Conceivably, these climbers were all "comfortable" during their hours long and sometimes days long climbs. We can be in these saddles awhile and It always bugs me just a little bit that what other factors should we all be aware of to prevent this. I'm assuming with the ability to move from sit to lean and in different positions the probability of developing pelvis area clots is minimal but I wonder if it ever ads to it in any appreciable way. Just being on the road driving a lot can increase the incidence of developing blood clots though too!!!
Good info for those who may have heart or cardiovascular. Also long air line flights my wife has shown swelling at the legs but I never thought of the blood clot issue as a matter of fact one friend lost her eye sight as a blood clot destroyed her optic nerve while blood clots which work up to the brain can cause strokes.

@woodsdog2 Im not sure this is the thread to be covering this topic. Maybe start another thread.

@woodsdog2 Im not sure this is the thread to be covering this topic. Maybe start another thread.
Yes and for the record, I have a Tactisaddle on order!!!! So my post is purely about one of the thread responders' references to Suspension Trauma and in no way does this or should this point to or be associated in any way with the Tactisaddle!!!! Sorry for any confusion!!!

Good info for those who may have heart or cardiovascular. Also long air line flights my wife has shown swelling at the legs but I never thought of the blood clot issue as a matter of fact one friend lost her eye sight as a blood clot destroyed her optic nerve while blood clots which work up to the brain can cause strokes.
Yes, and according to Gates Vascular Institute (GVI) in Buffalo New York, women of Scandinavian or Norwegian descent have what's known as "Factor 5" which is actually a "thickening" of the blood to adapt to colder weather climates. However, the downside of this genetic adaptation is that they have a greater risk of clotting. Not certain why native indigenous peoples, say like the Inuit's of Alaska do not have this condition or not... maybe it hasn't been researched fully yet. I have a heightened awareness about it because my 81 year old uncle who typically acts and has the energy of someone 20 years younger developed two pulmonary embolisms this past January in each of the veins/arteries that follow the airway tubes which bifurcate to each of the lungs. He was lucky and there is no understanding of why or how the clots developed but they did. The old school prescription for this malady would be Heparin and hope for the best. At GVI they catheterized him fully awake and ran four catheters, 2 to each clot. One catheter each administered an anticoagulant to the clot, the other catheter(s) each provided a vibration/movement to the clot to assist and facilitate in breaking each clot. He could hardly breath when he went up there and his life was close to ending. It was basically a miracle in my opinion but the Doc's said they had three people over the two weeks prior to my uncle's condition and their ages were all over the place, one of them was a 30 something female who was pregnant and was a recent airline passenger. This technique helped each of these people who may actually have died otherwise.

Back