• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Taking some time off

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Dec 2, 2014
Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed I have kind of been absent for a while... And so I thought I would post here and say it has nothing to do with anything or anyone on this site, I'm just needing some time away from the hunting world. 2016 was a challenging year for me in many ways and somewhere along the way I crossed some boundaries and misaligned some priorities. I'm going to take some time off to focus on other things for a while. I am sure I will be back at some point as I love the saddle hunter community.

Just need to take a break and refocus for a while... Hopefully some of you can understand if not relate. Best of luck to all of you and much success... David

Reactions: alukban

brydan

Oct 15, 2015
We all love to hunt but sometimes there are other things in life that need to be tended to. It's ironic that I just rolled out of bed to go to work and I happened to be the first one to read your post because today marks 1 year since the last time I've been in the woods. The last year has been the stormiest season of my life and hunting just had to get put to the side for awhile.

Best of luck to you buddy and may the good Lord watch over you and your loved ones.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
You do what you have to do Dave, we'll be here when you get back.

I find that when you have a year round hunting routine that starts with post season scouting, moves into stand prep, then rolls back into hunting season it can wear on you in many ways. Sometimes you just need to take a break and focus on other things. Never forget that hunting is supposed to be fun!

Best of luck. We'll see you when you're ready :D

Reactions: bowhunterchuck

deleted_user01

Nov 12, 2016
I dont know any of the members of this community personally . So I will just toss this out there for thought.

Having stormy waters in life is sometimes the way it goes...I often times turn off the fone, put it on , the charger, and just head out into the woods just to think under relaxed conditions...

Hope this could help...
~~~Redfeather~~~

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Nov 27, 2014
I dont know any of the members of this community personally . So I will just toss this out there for thought.

Having stormy waters in life is sometimes the way it goes...I often times turn off the fone, put it on , the charger, and just head out into the woods just to think under relaxed conditions...

Hope this could help...
~~~Redfeather~~~
2Corinthians 4: 16-18

Reactions: noxninja

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
Dec 25, 2015
Wishing you the best Dave. In the end all that matters are faith and family and friends especially faith Hunting is just something to enjoy along the way. Hope all things work for your good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: noxninja

essdub

Feb 22, 2015
Greenville South Carolina area
Wish you the best , Dave
I've had to do that too, this year in spite of my plans for several trips that I had to abandon
I'm still hoping to get out there this season, but I'm covered up with work and family stuff
Good luck and God bless

blbloomquist

Oct 1, 2015
central Michigan
Best wishes. I know I don't hunt as much as I would like. Between work, driving kids to their functions, and then waiting to drive them back, I spend less time in the woods than I hope for every year. Life gets busy and sometimes we need to take a step back and take a look. Thanks for all the info you have posted on here, I have learned a lot.

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
Chat soon, mate. I won't let them throw you under the bus too often while you are away. But I can't stop Red from assigning you to the Clean Up Captain of our SaddlePalooza.... that has to go to someone who isn't around to say 'no'.

d_rek

Sep 25, 2014
SELP Michigan
I have hunted exactly 6 days this year. 4 half-day saddle sits. 1 full, and a half-day rifle sit from a box blind. I have 2 deer to show for it. I'm pretty pleased with how this hunting season has gone lol!

Otherwise it has been all house all day. We finally moved into our new house. Thanksgiving weekend looked to be prime, and inside I was whining like a small child because I wouldn't be making it out, but the new house is requiring massive amounts of time and energy to get settled in. As much as I want to get out and hunt it will have to wait. Those pesky priorities...

Reactions: bowhunterchuck

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
Oct 25, 2015
Minneapolis MN
Take care of yourself and your family. They are what's important. I just cancelled a muzzle loader hunt for this weekend on similar circumstances. Too much time away between work and hunting. My wife and kids need me more than my saddle

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
Feb 28, 2014
Utah
YOUTUBE
UCfsJLpIu20dPzWfb7JWO9gQ
Dave,
Hope everything is ok with you and you family. Take all the time you need, just know that many people will miss your presence on this site. If you ever need anything or anywhere to lean on you have a huge family here, every person on here would go out of their way to help a fellow saddler, including myself.

Thanks,
Boswell

DIYSaddler

Jul 22, 2015
I understand the need to get yourself right sometimes. I'm going climbing this weekend to give myself a reset for the late season.

MCDM

Vendor Rep
Apr 18, 2014
Connecticut
Totally understandable Dave and we look forward to your full return. Hope all is well. I too have kinda of missed the last month or so. Acquired a new job which has been life changing for the better but the focus has been on that more than hunting so sometimes we just can't fight fate.

IkemanTX

Oct 16, 2015
Hope to hear from you once you get back into it!