• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Taking the plunge in Iowa

ThatNashGuy

Hi to all. Although I’ve been following Saddle Hunter, G2 Outdoors, DIY Sportsman, John Eberheart, etc for a while now, I had yet to make it official. I just recently bought a Kestrel and am looking to make the dive into run and gun as well as saddle hunting this year. Happened upon the “Secret” thread while “working” today and after trying to catch up on the 52+ topics discussed, I don’t know whether to be exhausted, excited about Tethrd, or angry (as I just bought a Kestrel). One thing is for sure though, I’m excited to finally be apart of this community of likeminded gear nuts and passionate hunters that want to see saddle hunting (and hunting in general) grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, don't be mad about the Kestrel, it's a really solid saddle, at least that's what I hear, I don't own one, lol. Glad you finally made it official and joined the saddle hunting community, great group of folks, none better!

Welcome from Michigan (and a Mechanical Engineer). Don't be upset about missing Tethrd this time around. The Kestrel is a great saddle and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I really love mine but I also had to jump in and pick up a Mantis as well.

One thing you'll find from this group is that there's always room for "one more saddle, climbing method, platform . . . etc."

Hi to all. Although I’ve been following Saddle Hunter, G2 Outdoors, DIY Sportsman, John Eberheart, etc for a while now, I had yet to make it official. I just recently bought a Kestrel and am looking to make the dive into run and gun as well as saddle hunting this year. Happened upon the “Secret” thread while “working” today and after trying to catch up on the 52+ topics discussed, I don’t know whether to be exhausted, excited about Tethrd, or angry (as I just bought a Kestrel). One thing is for sure though, I’m excited to finally be apart of this community of likeminded gear nuts and passionate hunters that want to see saddle hunting (and hunting in general) grow.

Be glad with the Kestral - it’s an incredible platform. And even with all of the great things going on here, I have my own preferences but LOVE the working wheels in this forum to teach me other options so I can perform my best.

You have great gear; Tethrd makes great gear, and all these companies working in this new golden age of saddle hunting can only be better for ALL of us!!

PS - WELCOME!!!

Welcome from Polk County! "Gear nuts" is probably an understatement! LOL!

Great resource, greater people. Welcome from Michigan.

Thanks Skell! Nice to have someone else in the area. We’ll have to meet sometime, maybe I learn a thing or two

We could definitely do that! I'll warn you in advance...I only have 1 season of saddle hunting under my belt. I'm far from an expert. Saddle hunting took a little getting used to...but now I can't imagine going back to trad stands

Welcome. Its a great place to learn a lot. Be proud of your purchase. No one can have to many options in the closet.

Back