• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

target acquired

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Last edited:
If your talking southwest Georgia and not southeast I would say those are two different 2.5 year old deer. I guess it depends on where you are talking but they grow some studs over there.

The body looks young to me too, but I have been wrong countless times. Anything over 100" doesn't make it past my tree without me slinging an arrow.

Last edited:
Well I have pictures of him last year as a small 9 point. If you look closely you can see his left main beam has a little dip in it.

That's why I think it's the same deer.

My best guess is he was 2 in 2018. But I see a lot of 2 year olds in southeast GA that have tiny racks.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say he was 3. Now it's possible that's a different deer. If it's a different buck, I'd guess 2. His body is small and he doesn't really have a chest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just realized the videos don't show on my phone. Is that for others too or just me?

I can see it on my phone. I did watch it on my computer at work also. It doesn’t matter how old he is. If he makes your heart speed up shoot him. Here’s a picture of a bat Helier group of 2.5 year olds. One of which I would air out with by bow. It’s just for reference since you’ve been in southeast Georgia so long.
1381B7D3-07C2-4449-8A84-FEE72C781926.jpeg

I'll come down and help you decide and I don't care if its the same deer or not. Just sayin' if you need help...

The vids don’t work on my phone either.
It’s possible it’s 2 different deer and it’s possible it’s the same deer and last year he was a 1.5 year old.
I had a video by the house of some deer crossing the road and one hitting a barb wire fence blowing hair every where. Then I started getting pics of what I thought was a doe last winter with the scars from the fence. Very identifiable marks. This year I got the same deer on camera with the same scars down it’s side and it’s a 6pt. That wasn’t a doe last year, it was a button buck that hit the fence. And now he is a decent 6pt at 1.5 years old. I thought he was a 2.5 year old until I seen the scars and put it together. Some deer just have good antler genetics even in an area that’s mostly poor.

Do you think that's two different deer I posted?

I think it is 2 different deer. They both look to be 2.5-3.5 in the video. From the antler quality versus your typical deer in your area, I’d say both 3.5 years. The shoulder/rump ratio is dang near exact in both sets of videos, which is what makes me peg them at the same age. Also, I would expect him to have done better with another year of age... instead, this year’s deer looks a tad smaller than last years. The other nail in the coffin for me is that the better side swapped between the years.

Either way, go shoot that sucker!!!

Now I’m confused. Your original post did say southwest GA right? Southeast ga I have no Idea on age. There have been some freakish deer killed down there but for the most part I would say 2.5 or 3.5 but I still say that’s two different bucks.

I think they're two different 2.5 year olds as well. As someone else said though, it doesn't matter as long as they're good for you. Good Luck G2!

I think they're two different 2.5 year olds as well. As someone else said though, it doesn't matter as long as they're good for you. Good Luck G2!
Agree, they generally will not drop a point like the one the left beam, only expand them until very old, so likely 2 different deer.

That happened to me last year. Killed a nice 10 point and 2 weeks later he showed up on camera again. It was a twin! He survived and he’s on my hit list this year

That’s a nice little double header!!
Now you don’t have to wonder what he would have looked like in another year!!!

Back