• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Teal hunting in Missouri and the origins of Mudminnow

mudminnow

Im headed west to shoot some Teal with some buddies in less than a month. We are going to take the easy way out and go with an outfitter, Habitat Flats. Teal in the morning, Dove in the afternoon, and Cold beverages in the evening. I cant wait.

My Forum name, Mudminnow, was actually created on the mud flats of the low country of SC during teal season. While searching for a downed bird i sunk in the pluff mud up to my thighs. I lost my balance and fell over and went to catch myself with my hands and they were buried up to my armpit. My brother and his buddies had to tie a rope around me and drag me out with the boat. From that point on they called me mudminnow

Good luck to you! A teal or goose hunt with Habitat Flats might be one of the few hunts I'd actually pay for. Ought to be a great time.

Back