• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 8

I did a youth hunt last weekend with my daughter out at the private. We saw 5 sets of does and fawns. Couple of spike bucks. Nothing to big, and the fawns all had lots of spots. I know they will be around next month, so my daughter wasn't overly excited to knock one down. Property is pretty over run with Does, so the bucks will start cruzing thru late October. Lots of corn standing around near by. I'll try to get one knocked down early October. Hopefully I will at least kill a decent 8 like I have last few years in the rut. Depends on the weather and if they get their corn out. Last year they didn't cut it until late November.

I hunt in Michigan so I can’t promise any booners but I’m chasing some big for my area deer. I’ll do my best! I’m also trying to kill at least 4 doe this year, so we’ll see.

I hunt in Michigan so I can’t promise any booners but I’m chasing some big for my area deer. I’ll do my best! I’m also trying to kill at least 4 doe this year, so we’ll see.
You had some nice ones you posted in the trail camera section. Hope you at least get an encounter with one of those guys.

My morals kept my contribution to zero on Friday! Couldn’t bring myself to shoot the little lady especially not on opening day
I have that problem too - already passed on a big doe last Friday as just as I was getting into position for the shot I hear a little crunch, crunch, crunch behind her and look back and here comes this little spotted fawn.....lol...Does are still in trouble though, just a little later or a doe with no fawn....

All of us guys that like to hold out for something nice need to go ahead and take a doe so we can get an early lead in this thing...

I have that problem too - already passed on a big doe last Friday as just as I was getting into position for the shot I hear a little crunch, crunch, crunch behind her and look back and here comes this little spotted fawn.....lol...Does are still in trouble though, just a little later or a doe with no fawn....

All of us guys that like to hold out for something nice need to go ahead and take a doe so we can get an early lead in this thing...
Public land when I hunt out of state anything (but fawns) that I have a tag for gets a hole in it or an attempt at least lol hoping to get one on the board for us and my freezer by Sunday this week gonna try to sneak down for a sit or 2 this week after work

Did my broadhead tuning last night and zipped some more arrows tonight. Old Bowtech is dialed. Gonna get some reps climbing later in the week. I’m pumped boys! October can’t get here quick enough!

Michigan is waiting on October first. I know a few of you have been out. It's almost time for team 8 to take some names.

I am gonna try to get the kids to shoot some deer up front. Depends on the weather.
Gotta finish checking my bow sight markers and sharpen up the broadheads.

Yeah, I'm itching to get out. Gonna spend the day tomorrow going over my gear for the umpteenth time. Show time for me is Oct. 1.
I've got a bear that's been passing my camera every ten days. If he stays on schedule, there'll be an arrow in him Oct 2.

It was pouring today pretty good in ct but I made the decision to try it there was a “break” in the weather. I never saw it! Umbrella got ripped off the tree and I soaked through a darn poncho then finally said I had enough and back to massachusetts I went!

Back