• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Teaser...... 20+ feet at 3ish pounds

If there was a dislike button I would smash it right now.

Serious saddlehunting blue balls over here!

Don't worry Bab! This isn't an early April Fools joke or anything. It's legit. I've got my brain working WAAAYYYY outside of the box on this one. Just working out the fine details.

Too late. I did that last weekend with 3 stepps and an aider. That was the half way point to 40 feet (with 6).

Honestly, looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You know what. I have come to the conclusion, there is a percentage of saddle hunters that are just plain NUTS! with some the of the minimal of items being used to climb up in a tree x number of height just to be in the clouds.

Myself 15 - 18 ft is just fine enough.

You know what. I have come to the conclusion, there is a percentage of saddle hunters that are just plain NUTS! with some the of the minimal of items being used to climb up in a tree x number of height just to be in the clouds.

I'm just going to show my idea and let everybody run with it. Use it, don't use it, modify it, or make it better. That's what this game is all about, sharing ideas and information. I'm with you on 15 - 18 feet. I'm a recurve hunter and like to stay a little lower. Most of my shots seem to be under 10 yards from the base of my tree. Getting high does help for scent control and movement but those deer vitals get real skinny when your up that high and the deer gets close.

And yes, being a little nuts doesn't hurt either...

Too late. I did that last weekend with 3 stepps and an aider. That was the half way point to 40 feet (with 6).

Honestly, looking forward to it.

Cool!! Then you know where I'm going with this then. I know it can be done now. My aider design is where I'm hoping to make this a super slick set up. How tall are you by the way?

Cool!! Then you know where I'm going with this then. I know it can be done now. My aider design is where I'm hoping to make this a super slick set up. How tall are you by the way?
5'9

Most hunters are adrenaline junkies. Saddle hunters just do it better!

I am a little concerned about you hunting at 40 feet though BassBoy. What are you hunting for out there anyway? Yeti?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly only have a few trees in mind for this extreme. Most of them are in hilly country and the base of the tree is deep and I'm hunting a primary runway on the uphill side. In the end I'm only 20-25 feet above the deer. I have another spot that is on a base of a small cliff. The bucks skirt this cliff in late October. 40 feet up only puts me like 14 feet above the deer. It's a cool spot.

I honestly only have a few trees in mind for this extreme. Most of them are in hilly country and the base of the tree is deep and I'm hunting a primary runway on the uphill side. In the end I'm only 20-25 feet above the deer. I have another spot that is on a base of a small cliff. The bucks skirt this cliff in late October. 40 feet up only puts me like 14 feet above the deer. It's a cool spot.

Got it. That makes sense. It would’ve been cooler though if you would’ve just lied to me and said that you were actually hunting yeti! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back