• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Teeth on the LWHC

Rg176bnc

These are terrible! You can really lean into it and it still not bite good at all. I cant be the only one disappointed in that aspect of it.

Anyone been brave enough to try and sharpen them up w/ a grinder yet? Thought about maybe taking it to a welding shop and having them weld some better teeth on.

On another note take the time to put a couple tabs on your tether rope so you don't have to grab near the inside with your hands. Its no joke when your hand gets caught in there when the platform kicks out on you. Its not as easy as you think to get back on track and I had one hand free.

I understand the sudden trend of using the LWHC seat for a platform. It’s an interesting idea and I have thought about it before I saw it talked about in mass. But the thing was designed to be sat on, not stood or leaned on from all different directions. No offense to anyone but what did everyone expect would happen? Been waiting a while to bring this up. Don’t mean to tick anyone off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on using it to climb. Set a ROS at height and hunt. Maybe rappel down if the LW is a SOB

I tried my hawk self climber base and I thought it worked well. I think the ideal setup is to just ratchet strap the LWHC when you get to the top. If you are going to climb with it then switching to a ROS seems silly to me. (But that’s just my opinion and it’s not worth the price of a coffee!)

And yes, I will never climb down again. Rappelling down is the cat’s meow. Even if you climb with sticks, rap down and take them off as you go!

I understand the sudden trend of using the LWHC seat for a platform. It’s an interesting idea and I have thought about it before I saw it talked about in mass. But the thing was designed to be sat on, not stood or leaned on from all different directions. No offense to anyone but what did everyone expect would happen? Been waiting a while to bring this up. Don’t mean to tick anyone off.

Been using it for 2 seasons, and others longer than me. I don't think it's sudden.

Agree with being cautious especially if you're approaching the 350 lb max weight advertised for the Lone Wolf Climber. I'm no more than 75% of that, and some of that gets hung on the tree before any extreme leaning would occur.

OP I agree the teeth on the LWHC could be better. I would take a sharp file to them for sharpening before hiring that out, but that's just me. I think a grinder might be too much.

No offense at all. I knew when I looked at the teeth they weren't all that great even if you were just sitting on it like designed. I would bet the bottom part is the same. If it had the teeth of the API bowhunter it would be great.

No offense at all. I knew when I looked at the teeth they weren't all that great even if you were just sitting on it like designed. I would bet the bottom part is the same. If it had the teeth of the API bowhunter it would be great.

The teeth on the bottom platform are a little more aggressive than the seat I think. I have the whole hand climber stand. Can’t think of a time I had a problem with either the bottom platform or the seat not biting into the tree well enough. Unless maybe it’s a shagbark with ridiculous strips of bark hanging off it. Then I wouldn’t even bother climbing that tree I don’t think. I can see where you’d want more aggressive teeth if you’re making a platform out of it though.

Back