• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Telescopic tactical ladder

It might work for your river trips, but it weights 23 pounds and isn’t cheap! Climbing sticks are lighter and cheaper!

It might work for your river trips, but it weights 23 pounds and isn’t cheap! Climbing sticks are lighter and cheaper!
I have envisioned a single telescopic climbing stick. This is about a close as I've seen. I prefer drilling when possible. It is expensive but for some it might work as a moveable setup.

I like the idea of it as a climbing stick. Not so much as a height limited ladder.

Last weekend I was mutilating a pine tree looking at my hooey 5' pole saw and the idea of it as a climbing stick popped into my head. I think as a climbing stick it would want to telescope down instead of up so the strain of climbing it would be against stoppers instead of the locking mechanism. But telescoping and light don't really go hand in hand. However if it was short enough I'd think you could clip them on your belt and just climb the tree and set up pretty stealthy. Plus being compact and easy to transport might outweigh the weight issue.

Please come up with something I'm not a fan of carrying climbing sticks!

Back