• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

tensas nwr need help

swapfox1862

needing help will be going the first of the year hunting here its my first time in over 12 years could some one point me in the rite direction ...i know they just had a gun hunt here a a couple members made the hunt if they could help would be great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can't get too specific, but I can tell you that the place is heavily hunted from now until the end of season. It can also be a challenge to scout with the number of palmettos, but can be done. There isn't a substitution for putting the boot leather on the ground.

Lots and lots of walking. I would suggest picking an area and sticking with it until you feel like you know it really well. There is a lot of ground to cover and the better you know it the less likely you are to screw up on you entry and exit. There are a lot of people that hunt there, but you can get away from them if you want. And make sure you have a compass hanging on your neck at all times. All it takes is looking at some sign or something on the ground and doing a couple circles and a few steps and you look up and all of a sudden everything looks very much the same. Also if you can get out midweek you will have a lot more real estate to yourself. Other than that tear it down like you would any other property. Start with cyber scouting and go in and check it out. If you like what you see set up and hunt, if not keep walking. I can't even count how many miles I put on my boots between last year and this one.

Back