• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether girth QD?

bow shot

Been practicing climbing since April with my climber top-half setup. Doing a lot of moving past limbs on the way up. Anyone have a good method for quick detach-re-attach of the tether at the girth? The pic shows the general idea, but in my experience, using a carabiner is out, too much risk of dangerous loading. Ideas? IMG_1095.JPG

The prusik also allows you to snug the tether to the tree so it doesnt fall down when you take tension off.

I'm liking everything about the 'biner and prussic, but isn't the tangent position that 'biner ends up taking a no-no? Maybe not an issue?

I realized this is an exaggerations, but you get the picture, the radius of the trunk would be a gentle version of the edges illustrated here:
1564792373094.png

Last edited:
@Sandor27, how did you make your lineman's loops on that rock climbing harness? Do you have any pics handy? It looks pretty slick and way better than my set-up (tubular webbing with loops tied on the ends).

Better to use an oval screw link Treestuff Carrie's them makes navigating limbs a breeze and cross loading is not an issue.

It is not recommended to use a carabiner, due to potential side load issues. You should be able to use a screw link though
Yup, I think so. Been experimenting with an oval fusion ‘binder, and it’s making me like the oval link

Back