• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether height

CRogers

Alright so I just got my saddle in. Practiced for quite awhile this morning shooting from different shot angles and walking around the tree on my ros. I had my tether about head high. Didn't really have a problem with hip pinch or anything, I stayed fairly comfortable. My question is for those of you that use a ros platform, what have you found is a good tether height that allows you to get around the tree but yet still provides a decent amount of comfort?

I go almost as high as I can reach. Probably about 6 inch’s above forehead. The higher the tether for me makes moving around my ros and shooting the longbow a lot easier. and it’s comfy to me.

Thanks @Oakridge that's actually about where I had mine. This morning was my first time shooting from it and getting everything dialed in.

I'm thinking I may have to keep it about that height being that I don't have an adjustable bridge

Did you have trouble manuevering your bow around the tether?

I’d say as high as you stay comfortable at. My problem with moving the tether too high is the saddle starts to ride up.
Yeah it did ride up a little on me. Not bad though, I'm thinking I had my waist belt just a tad high. I'm hoping I can adjust that just a little and it will help with that. It wasn't uncomfortable I'm just OCD and want everything perfect when I'm in the tree lol

Did you have trouble manuevering your bow around the tether?
Can't say that I did. I practiced all different angles. It's more so the bridge than the tether but that's mainly just when I shoot to my weak side, or if I have a shot directly in front of me at 12 o'clock.

One thing is i tied my bridge on with a knot that constricts the bridge loop so I can put it where I want it, this way it kinda acts as the adjusters. I do sit high with my legs about 45 degrees.

Back