• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether info

Working on my DIY, RCH/Sit drag combo and a local group sells Sampson Static Kernmantle, will this work for a tether?? It is the 11mm.
They also have 9mm, will that work for the prusik?? I tried searching on here but couldn't find exactly want I wanted for an answer.
Thanks in advance!!

i've always heard prusik needs to be at least 2mm smaller than your rope, so it should work.

as far as the weight rating and safety, i cannot answer that without now specs of the rope.

I cannot remember the weight rating but it was over 2,800lbs or I wouldn't have considered it. Just wasn't sure if anyone heard of any issues with using it. Predator seems to be hard to get from places I checked...……………..

I have some static kernmantle not from Samson though. Its rated at about 7,000lbs and is 11mm. I am using 8mm static line for my prusik works fine.

I looked again and the 11mm is rated at 7,000lbs plus, the other is actually 9mm that I am buying for the prusik material. Kind of get the feeling that may be too big???

If your new to this run with it IMO. As you get more comfortable you can start deciding what to change. 9mm is a bit big but mine 8mm and really I know it will take a fall God forbid if it happens.

Just my .02

I think 8mm would be a better choice for a prusic. You want the cord to be about 70% of the diameter of the main line. Another guidline I use is that the cord be 3mm less than the line.

So in your case of an 11mm line, a 7 or 8 mm cord would be best.

Ideally the cord will be supple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back