• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether/Prussik material check

I purchased 11mm Sampson Static Kernmantle for the tether and Sterling 6.8mm Hollow Block2 13.5" loop for the prussik, will both these work??? The Sampson is dark blue but that doesn't bother me if it is strong enough!! I made the loop by tying an overhand knot and sewing the tag end into the main tether cord then installing heat shrink over the loose end. I also have enough Samson left over for my linesman too but it may be overkill???
ANYONE see issues with any of the above???

Back