• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether rope

Rev

I would like a green color rope like tethrd nation linesman rope to use for tether, girth hitch to ground.
Where can I buy it?
Thank you Rev

Just ordered some Thursday night from them. Got them to splice my eye for me and it still shipped out next day and will be at my house tomorrow.

Rwrope looks like the same as the tethrd tethers. The sell if by the foot if you email them. It splices very easy compared to some other ropes.

Mine arrived today. All nice and tight. I like it. I will order me another lineman’s rope from them next week. I already have beiners and ropeman. Just been using same lineman’s rope for about 3 years or longer now.

Mine arrived today. All nice and tight. I like it. I will order me another lineman’s rope from them next week. I already have beiners and ropeman. Just been using same lineman’s rope for about 3 years or longer now.

Is your eye hand spliced or sewn spliced? I called today and the lady I spoke with said roper under 30 feet will be sewn spliced. I was asking her about predator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your eye hand spliced or sewn spliced? I called today and the lady I spoke with said roper under 30 feet will be sewn spliced. I was asking her about predator.

I ordered 14 ft. So I guessing sewn. What is the difference in hand or sewn splice.

That's a hand splice. Not sure why they told me they wouldn't hand splice less than 30 feet ropes. Obviously they will!!!
You went with 14 foot for a tether? Out of curiousity why did you choose that length?

Spliced eyes are the way to go. The reduced bulk and weight adds a lot of value. They're more expensive, but I say buy once, cry once.

Their website gives an option of hand splicing or sewn splicing. It doesnt say that there is a minimum length. $25 for hand splice $15 for sewn. What is the difference?

Their website gives an option of hand splicing or sewn splicing. It doesnt say that there is a minimum length. $25 for hand splice $15 for sewn. What is the difference?
It doesn't say there is a minimum on the website, that's just what the lady I talked with yesterday told me. It looks like she may be incorrect as barlow just got a 14' hand spliced. Do a google search for hand spliced eye rope and the sewn spliced eye, you will see the difference.

That's a hand splice. Not sure why they told me they wouldn't hand splice less than 30 feet ropes. Obviously they will!!!
You went with 14 foot for a tether? Out of curiousity why did you choose that length?
I plan to cut it down to 5 ft and the use another part of it for a adjustable bridge. So I will have some left over from that as well. I don’t know what I am going to do with that. I was just guessing on feet.

I plan to cut it down to 5 ft and the use another part of it for a adjustable bridge. So I will have some left over from that as well. I don’t know what I am going to do with that. I was just guessing on feet.
Got ya, careful cutting a tether to 5 foot (or maybe your linemans is gonna be five foot). Either way make dang sure that it is the length you want as you know once it's cut it's done. And with that spliced eye cost you don't want it a tad to short. Tad long is workable, tad short is useless!

Got ya, careful cutting a tether to 5 foot (or maybe your linemans is gonna be five foot). Either way make dang sure that it is the length you want as you know once it's cut it's done. And with that spliced eye cost you don't want it a tad to short. Tad long is workable, tad short is useless!
I have a 7 ft tether now is way to long. When I am tethered to the tree my line is still reaching my platform. Is that normal.

Last edited:
So what ft should they be a lineman’s belt and a tether. I matched the one I have now to a rope style hunter safety system tether. My lineman’s belt is the linesman’s belt that comes with a muddy harness with ropeman and caribeners. Plan to change it for predator rope this week. Was just going to match the length on it. Because it seems to work. Would think I need maybe 5 ft for a bridge as well.

So what ft should they be a lineman’s belt and a tether. I matched the one I have now to a rope style hunter safety system tether. My lineman’s belt is the linesman’s belt that comes with a muddy harness with ropeman and caribeners. Plan to change it for predator rope this week. Was just going to match the length on it. Because it seems to work. Would think I need maybe 5 ft for a bridge as well.

Honestly no certain length. If 5ft fits your needs then rock on. I hunt some big timber with loc ons a lot and I don’t think 5 ft would be enough for me.

Back