• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether sliped

Bkbowhunter

This evening. Like almost every evening I’ve been in my new Tethrd mantis. Have had it about 2 weeks. I’ve been getting a little higher every few days I’m about 14-15 feet up now.- This evening after putting the Tethrd rope around the tree and hooked In my bridge and set back in it. I loosen my linesman belt. My teather rope slipped down the tree several inches. Scared the crap out of me. First time this has happened. Been in same tree several times at the same height. Any thoughts of what may have happened???

My guess is it wasn't tight to the tree. I always snug it up and pull down to get it tight. You can girth hitch it to itself too if you want it good and tight.
6c10aa686e683877972d995869967f20.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what kind of tree it is you might have made a slick spot on the bark if you have been using the same spot alot! Meaning that you could have worn the bark off enough to make it slick! Always make sure the tether is tight before loading onto it and be safe!!!

My guess is it wasn't tight to the tree. I always snug it up and pull down to get it tight. You can girth hitch it to itself too if you want it good and tight.

I tried this method out yesterday and am sold! I love that I can tighten it up and regardless how much slack I put in the tether, its not going anywhere once snugged down.

Head Smack! This is so simple....I've been drilling out stopper balls for my tethers....

Wow ...almost breezed by this one and bam! I was just looping the tether through the loop and not girth hitching it back. GREAT trick...

Back