• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether straps?

Waylon mark

I see people looking for ways to keep their tether from sliding down the tree .I hunt with a 12mm predator rope I bought and self eye spliced from Wes spur and after the initial weight sag and srand and tighten I have none ,I hunt mostly big bottom sweet gums ,oaks some maples and a few pecans ,I just don't see how the tether is sliding down

I see people looking for ways to keep their tether from sliding down the tree .I hunt with a 12mm predator rope I bought and self eye spliced from Wes spur and after the initial weight sag and srand and tighten I have none ,I hunt mostly big bottom sweet gums ,oaks some maples and a few pecans ,I just don't see how the tether is sliding down
It’s more for when you are using a rappelling line as main tether and having to loosen it in order to slide it up the tree…..and using a quick link like welda said. You can hitch a short tether, but no one is going to run 25+’ of rope through a hitch. Took me a while to figure this out until I started rappelling.

Different ropes have different properties. I have had some tethers that when unweighted stay in place and others when unweighted tend to slip down smooth bark trees, even without the extra weight of a quick link. A simple castration band has always been my preferred solution.

Different ropes have different properties. I have had some tethers that when unweighted stay in place and others when unweighted tend to slip down smooth bark trees, even without the extra weight of a quick link. A simple castration band has always been my preferred solution.

I remember when half the forum traffic was finding uses for castration bands besides castration. Poor ranchers scratching their heads trying to figure out why bands increases 10x in cost and couldn’t be found anywhere…

Back