• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd MANTIS/Predator Platform Video Review

Awesome review! And I like what you said about it being a “varsity saddle”. I completely agree. If you are brand new you may have to mess around to find the sweet spots, but if you have been saddle hunting a while and know what to adjust it’s an awesome tool. Well done

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler

Awesome review! And I like what you said about it being a “varsity saddle”. I completely agree. If you are brand new you may have to mess around to find the sweet spots, but if you have been saddle hunting a while and know what to adjust it’s an awesome tool. Well done

Tethrd-Ginger Ninja/Fire Crotch Fiddler

Thank you! And I agree. I will definitely be using it this fall and look forward to wearing out boot leather with the Mantis on my waist

I think you definitely wrapped it up well in the end. i also have both the mantis and flex and think you hit the nail on the head. Great review.

Good review Do another review after you use them for a season.
You may change your mind. The mantis and flex and kestrel and kite and hybrid will appeal to different people and opinions will differ.
I want a saddle that is comfortable so I sit still. The mantis is not for me and my body type. That said saddle preferences are highly individualistic.

I would hate to see a new saddle hunter try one product for a short time and hate it without persevering and trying several different saddles I think we now have products to suit anyone but to say one product is better than another is a stretch It may be better for you but not me. Just my subjective opinion

I am not sure if I like steps or a platform better and I used both last year . Squirrel steps sure are compact. Tethrd makes a great platform but I have not tried any of the other new platforms. I do worry about breaking my generation one predator platform

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Really good review! I think you're spot on with your assessment of this being a "varsity" saddle (great analogy!).

As a personal reference, when I first got into saddle hunting I started in a Aero Evolution. As a newbie I spent the better part of a year trying to dial in the comfort but I could never get comfortable in it and couldn't really commit to it. Eventually I got the Kestrel and subsequently the Mantis (both great choices) and over the years have learned what I needed to adjust to achieve comfort. Earlier this year I broke out the Evo for a friend to play with while he was waiting for his saddle to arrive. Before I gave it to him I hooked it up and hung in it again. Now that I know what needs to be adjusted to correct comfort issues it literally took me less than a minute to dial that thing into an awesome comfort level. These are highly personal adjustments that each will have to find for themselves but it only takes some saddle time.

Again, awesome review!

Back