• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Skeletors Sticks aider storage

LOSTnWoods

I have four sticks bottom stick had double aider and the other three has singe aider. These are sewn aiders by Hang Free.

when packing how do I store them to the stick without removing???

Lots of options. Velcro straps(not the best idea imo), the little bungee straps with the ball, tie a loop with small bunge on the aider and hook to stick, releasable zip ties, rubber coated wire, etc.

Personally, I'd trade them in and make some of the stowable amsteel aiders. It's abot like the coolest thing since sliced bread, IMO. I also made a 2 step extension that hangs below the built-in aider so I've got 3 steps at the bottom, though the lowest step basically hangs on the ground because it's all the higher I can reach to hang the stick

I put one of the stowable amsteel aiders on one of my skeletors to try it out. Only tried it once and cut it off. Puts the aider way too close to the tree for me. You could use bungee cord to wrap them up as stated above. I girth hitched some bungee cord to one of the holes in the steps on my heliums to stow the aider on them.
I bought a 2 step moveable aider from Backwoods mobile for my skeletors so I wouldn't have to worry about wrapping up aiders after the hunt. Plus I'm not a huge fan of aiders blowing in the wind.

Back