• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

That feeling.....

huntin_addict

That feeling you get when you climb all the way down, in the dark, pulling your WE Stepps as you go. Pack almost everything up, give your stuff a once over, and realize your lone Ameristep that is your pack hanger and grab handle to use on the last step up with your knaider, is the lone remnant in the tree, 22 feet up. Balls.

Last edited:
I’ve left three of the old real tree ez hangers in trees never to be found again back in my climbing stand days.
let’s not even try to count the two dollar bow hooks.
been considering coming up with a hanger system using my linesman’s belt then you can’t leave it in the tree.

That feeling you get when you climb all the way down, in the dark, pulling your WE Stepps as you go. Pack almost everything up, give your stuff a once over, and realize your lone Ameristep that is your pack hanger and grab handle to use on the last step up with your knaider, is the lone remnant in the tree, 22 feet up. Balls.

Haha! Thats crzy you posted this cuz idid that for the first time last night. Had 10 Bullman steps all the way up the tree, got down in the dark and was packing up and counted only 9 in my bag. Curses ensued as I unpacked all my steps and pouted while setting them all over again to go get that lost sheep up at the top.

Two paracord loop backpack hangers in two states. Totally not worth going back up for, but annoying nonetheless.

I left my hawk extendable bow arm in a tree and found it the next season in the tree i hunted opening morning & im using it again now.

I still have one in the tree I hunted opening day last year. I keep meaning to go back and get it but I haven't been up there yet. After using it two hunts I decided I prefer my .99 cent hardware store hooks anyway.

My son and I hiked into a spot about 1/2 mile one day. He picked a tree in the dark, climbed up and when he went to get out his bow hanger he realized there was already a bow hanger at almost the perfect height screwed in the tree that had been there for several years. So he just used it.

Back