• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The bridge buddy

WISCO

Anyone using the bridge buddy? Used to reduce hip pinch. Comes in at 2 ounces, $65. Does it work, would you recommend or is it another saddle gimmick?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231206_082340_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231206_082340_Chrome.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Since it says orders will start to ship in January I doubt anyone has tried one yet unless they sent some out for testing.

To me it looks like a way to separate people from their $ instead of a necessary part of the kit. Adjusting bridge length and tether height solves most hip pinch problems. Finding a saddle that fits you better solves the rest. No need for buddies or bars in my opinion.

Since it says orders will start to ship in January I doubt anyone has tried one yet unless they sent some out for testing.

To me it looks like a way to separate people from their $ instead of a necessary part of the kit. Adjusting bridge length and tether height solves most hip pinch problems. Finding a saddle that fits you better solves the rest. No need for buddies or bars in my opinion.
Alot of saddle hunting products are not needed and a way to just throw money away. For me I am running a trophyline covert 2.0 and have tried every adjustment possible and still after a full day's sit have some discomfort from pinch. As far as finding the right saddle most guys don't have thousands of dollars to continue buying saddles till they find the one, even buying and selling doesn't work out well, you are still losing money. I live in Northern Wisconsin and we don't have any place up here that sells saddles locally to try out. I've seen other saddle pinch devices such as a pipe between the bridge, this one here seems to be a better design, nothing to get in your way. I'm all for it if it can keep me more comfortable through the last few hours of the sit.

I'd probably give it a try for $50 if it had a rubber grommet in carabiner hole. Agree with the others, just figure out your bridge length and it solves a lot of it.

Looks like it would help with hip pinch, I would probably redneck my own version up myself. I may try monkeying around with some stuff I have hoarded to see what I can come up with

I'd probably give it a try for $50 if it had a rubber grommet in carabiner hole. Agree with the others, just figure out your bridge length and it solves a lot of it.
I am able to mange a lot of the pinch with adjustments but after 8 hours it starts to cause some discomfort. A 3-4 hour sit doesn't bother me.

I solved hip pinch with a $5 piece of daisy chain webbing. I like a longer bridge so I can turn and have plenty of real estate for the bridge to move through the biner so I can turn to shoot etc. In the past in order to accomplish this I would have to set my tether height very high lest I be too far from the tree but then the angle and height put my bridge and tether constantly in the way and gave me wicked hip pinch. Then vectors entered the chat. I threw a length of daisy chain webbing in my dump pouch. Set my tether high. Run it straight down the tree to the daisy chain webbing girth hitched around the tree at about about boob height'ish, run biner through the loops to secure it to the webbing then clip to the bridge and viola'! bridge runs straight V to the tree with a wider triangle base. plenty of real estate for turning to shoot etc, no pinch and I got two factor protection from both the webbing and the tether.

I solved hip pinch with a $5 piece of daisy chain webbing. I like a longer bridge so I can turn and have plenty of real estate for the bridge to move through the biner so I can turn to shoot etc. In the past in order to accomplish this I would have to set my tether height very high lest I be too far from the tree but then the angle and height put my bridge and tether constantly in the way and gave me wicked hip pinch. Then vectors entered the chat. I threw a length of daisy chain webbing in my dump pouch. Set my tether high. Run it straight down the tree to the daisy chain webbing girth hitched around the tree at about about boob height'ish, run biner through the loops to secure it to the webbing then clip to the bridge and viola'! bridge runs straight V to the tree with a wider triangle base. plenty of real estate for turning to shoot etc, no pinch and I got two factor protection from both the webbing and the tether.
Can you add a picture?

Do you have a photo of this? I'm having a hard time understanding how the daisy chain with a tether running to it and then vertically on the tree is different than just setting your tether where the daisy chain is on the tree

Do you have a photo of this? I'm having a hard time understanding how the daisy chain with a tether running to it and then vertically on the tree is different than just setting your tether where the daisy chain is on the tree
I'll get a picture up soon. If I set my tether where the daisy chain is on the tree I have too much tether length to allow me more bridge to move unless I'm waaaay out from the tree. This allows me to stay closer to the tree and still have enough bridge to maneuver without contacting bridge loops to the carabiner. It may be a problem unique to me but I solved hip pinch and some other issues with it.

Here we go. Even when I was using a rope tether with a prussic I was always either running out of bridge, too far from the tree or bridge and tether too high for what I liked.

Attachments

• IMG_8926.jpeg
    IMG_8926.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8927.jpeg
    IMG_8927.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8928.jpeg
    IMG_8928.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8929.jpeg
    IMG_8929.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8930.jpeg
    IMG_8930.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 108
Here we go. Even when I was using a rope tether with a prussic I was always either running out of bridge, too far from the tree or bridge and tether too high for what I liked.
Ah thanks, so the daisy chain basically locks the bridge carabiner to the tree, makes sense. Have you tried it with just the daisy chain? Seems like the upper tether is redundant at this point. (Sorry for thread drift OP)

I imagine sitting and walking around the tree are pretty limited by this setup

Ah thanks, so the daisy chain basically locks the bridge carabiner to the tree, makes sense. Have you tried it with just the daisy chain? Seems like the upper tether is redundant at this point. (Sorry for thread drift OP)
I have. But I use the tether to climb (one sticker) so it's already there and it only takes a second to whip the daisy chain around and get it locked in. Plus it gives me the added bonus that both have to fail for me to hit terra firma.

Anyone using the bridge buddy? Used to reduce hip pinch. Comes in at 2 ounces, $65. Does it work, would you recommend or is it another saddle gimmick?
I use the g3d hip pinch eliminator. Simple and effective. I did not have major hip pinch problems but every little bit of comfort is nice

Looks interesting... Another option?

Here's another option, someone with a rescue figure 8 can chime in. I personally havent tried but was going to when I used to sit in the Vice Grip aka Mantis. The yellow line is your bridge. Another carabiner/quick link/soft shackle can be added for safety around bridge and big hole of the fig 8. Hopefully my photoshop job makes sense!
Screenshot_20231206-112811_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Back