• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Hunting Beast (favorite videos/advice)

Patriot38

I'm starting to learn more about Dan Infalt and his style of hunting.

What are some of your favorite or must watch video clips?

Personally, I would do my best to watch them all. I would start with the video that directly matches the type of terrain you hunt, then watch the rest of them. Even those little YouTube videos of Dan's have nuggets of info in them, for those with ears to hear.

I ve learned a lot from that man and his tactics. His knowledge of bedding and deer behavior is second to none. He has dvds, podcasts all worth a listen and watch

If you haven't already joining the Hunting Beast forums would be a good start.

As far as videos YouTube is full of free content. If you want to get even more detailed learning all of the DVD's are available in the Hunting Beast store. I would suggest starting with the original Hunting Marsh Bucks and Hill Country Bucks even if you don't hunt those terrains. Both of those DVD's are cheap and give a very good introduction and explanation of bed hunting. I still watch those over and over and learn something new every single time. After those you can branch out on the entire Bedding series. They cost a bit more but are worth every penny.

http://www.thehuntingbeast.com/hbshop/18-dvd-s

I love Dan's stuff. A lot of the podcasts that he does end up turning into almost mirror images of each other... Simply because the hosts don't know what questions to really ask because they're not familiar with the type of hunting.
I will say though there was a Wired to Hunt podcast, more recently, in which a couple of fellow Hunting Beast members did the interview of Dan... That was a very interesting twist and brought out some really good information!

I have the Hill Country and Farm Country DVD. Both have great info. If you're looking for entertainment these DVDs are certainly not it.... they are very dry but VERY informational. They elevated my game completely.

I used to follow more of the Eberhart style approach and did well but could not consistently identify bedding areas. Dan's information helped me nail down this last piece of the puzzle and become a much better hunter.

As for YouTube, I've probably watched all of them over the years. "Chasing a Dream" or something to that effect is a good one. It documents his hunt for a specific buck. I like that he isn't afraid to show his failures. He shows them right along with his successes and helps you learn through his experiences.

Great responses, thanks everyone. I like to read/listen to informational stuff during the off season. It's always fun to progress and learn new things and then try them in the upcoming season

is stealth the only place to get the hunting beast dvds?

Going to study these in the offseason. Anyone know if these have post season scouting addressed?

is stealth the only place to get the hunting beast dvds?

Going to study these in the offseason. Anyone know if these have post season scouting addressed?
The Hunting Beast forum

Back