• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The most annoying thing about saddlehunter

Why do I have to manually compress every single picture I want to post to get around the uploaded image is too big. This is the only website I run into this issue.
It’s a minor inconvenience. Saves server space for the website.If we were all uploading full size images the data would be enormous. All of that costs more money. If you want to help keep the lights on you should become a member! Anyway, It’s been discussed a couple times before. I’m perfectly content with the user interface on saddlehunter. It is the best one I have used honestly.

If you’re posting multiple images at once you only need to resize once and it will apply to all the images be uploaded.

It’s a minor inconvenience. Saves server space for the website.If we were all uploading full size images the data would be enormous. All of that costs more money. If you want to help keep the lights on you should become a member! Anyway, It’s been discussed a couple times before. I’m perfectly content with the user interface on saddlehunter. It is the best one I have used honestly.

If you’re posting multiple images at once you only need to resize once and it will apply to all the images be uploaded.
Agreed.

Try going on archerytalk on your phone. The ads over there make it almost un-usable. We no want that here.

Use Tapatalk app to post, no issues. You can only upload one pic at a time unless you use the paid version, BUT you can edit your post and add an additional pic each time.
It will post the full quality pic?

No quality option like that pops up on Android
If you have samsung you can do that with gallery.

Open gallery.
Tap the pencil
Tap 3 dots in the lower left- edit they're on the right. Sorry
Option to resize on bottom bar

Screenshot_20230628_183723_Photo Editor.jpg
I skipped ahead. Happy to clarify if wanted. I think 60% or less will post. Screenshots are good to go

Last edited:
When I select from the gallery on Tapatalk via Android this is what it looks like for me @bigmike23 all of these were medium file size, one photo, and three screenshots
7ab341928e1a0561a9f4d075037cbfe6.jpg
b4dd22fb8541e83245a2854f37eadcff.jpg
7d9d26008b8227884178f3043506441b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
af0c4c935ce38fd3a1cdfb09bee54226.jpg

Why do I have to manually compress every single picture I want to post to get around the uploaded image is too big. This is the only website I run into this issue.

I always re-save as a GIF because otherwise it is likely to have your coordinates in the picture's meta data.

This can allow an internet stranger (not registered here) to know where your hunting spot is or where you live.

I've uploaded unaltered photos from a iPhone here and confirmed that you can save the image and open the meta data and find out where the picture was taken (if iPhone settings save that, which they do by default and it has to be turned off).

I always re-save as a GIF because otherwise it is likely to have your coordinates in the picture's meta data.

This can allow an internet stranger (not registered here) to know where your hunting spot is or where you live.

I've uploaded unaltered photos from a iPhone here and confirmed that you can save the image and open the meta data and find out where the picture was taken (if iPhone settings save that, which they do by default and it has to be turned off).
Easy to turn off on IPhone for those who weren’t aware their photos had that info and want to stop it. Steps to do so:
Settings
Privacy and security
Location Services
Camera
Never

Easy to turn off on IPhone for those who weren’t aware their photos had that info and want to stop it. Steps to do so:
Settings
Privacy and security
Location Services
Camera
Never

yeah, i keep the setting as is with the coords because it comes in handy for work, but turning it off is good to protect you.

The pic size thing is annoying. But I'd say the worst thing is that I find I stop getting notifications on a thread if I don't exit the thread having read every post in the thread.

I download an original photo off the phone, run it through photo software, crop, resize, etc and then save it as a JPG. Then I can upload it. That also scrubs the original of all metadata.

I was hoping it was me...hehehe

The search function is the most annoying thing on SH imo
Dude our bud @bj139 had the fix for that.
Google search whatever you want to find on SH, Followed by site:saddlehunter.com
I can find obscure and ancient threads easily this way

example: 2tc site:saddlehunter.comA3E5AC34-5E07-47B4-9B6D-8FDBC647CBED.png

You can then scroll through posts by year to find what you need. It’s very handy. the same “2tc” search would likely show too short or too many options in the forums standard search tool44FC1256-CA20-4E31-BFC5-257733C12ECA.png3E402FFC-E746-455E-8BB4-D08E1BA4C9C8.png

Back