• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The new WE/On a Limb platform

DanielB89

has anyone caught a sneak peak at it?

I saw they posted something on insta about it and I could very vaguely make out the shape and idea of it. I think it's going to work out well, but I am a little concerned with the potential noise.

I also saw there platform which has been discussed a ton here. I have to admire a man who is willing to listen to suggestions and change his design with their suggestions. I don't think this will be the last piece he comes out with for the saddle hunting industry.

has anyone caught a sneak peak at it?

I saw they posted something on insta about it and I could very vaguely make out the shape and idea of it. I think it's going to work out well, but I am a little concerned with the potential noise.

I also saw there platform which has been discussed a ton here. I have to admire a man who is willing to listen to suggestions and change his design with their suggestions. I don't think this will be the last piece he comes out with for the saddle hunting industry.
Wild Edge and Out on a Limb are two different companies with two different platforms. Out on a Limb's platform is currently for sale, while Wild Edge's is still in R&D. I personally cannot wait for the Wild Edge platform to become available. I absolutely love their climbing steps!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wild Edge and Out on a Limb are two different companies with two different platforms. Out on a Limb's platform is currently for sale, while Wild Edge's is still in R&D. I personally cannot wait for the Wild Edge platform to become available. I absolutely love their climbing steps!

Apparently out on a limb set out to build one to fit the step and wild edge partnered up with them on the project. That is hearsay but I guess we will all know more tomorrow.

Aaahhh... I'm not saying that is not true, but I just exchanged messages only a couple of days ago with Wild Edge regarding their platform and what's so is that it's still in development but they are trying to get something out very soon in order to get feedback on it. I didn't hear anything about a partnership with OoaL. Again, not saying it's untrue. Just saying that I didn't hear anything otherwise. It would be interesting. Personally I would rather a solid Wild Edge step slightly enlarged to be a platform (or at least with a platform solidly/permanently affixed to the step).

I wouldn’t want to pack a WE step that had a platform welded onto it ... seems very awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t want to pack a WE step that had a platform welded onto it ... seems very awkward.

I'd have to see a final product. The way I carry my steps, I don't believe I'd have any significant issue carrying it. We shall see.

Agreed. Unless the whole unit is less than 3 lbs you might as well carry a stand alone platform such as the Predator or the Podium.

A WE based platform needs to be insertable into a regular WE step (IMO) so that the step can carry in the regular bag and can be used to climb with. That is how you will save weight & bulk (see Primal plywood platform threads).

If you are not a WE climber (sticks or whatever) than it probably doesn't matter to you. If you are, then I would think you'd want to use your regular 4-8 steps (depending on aider style) and then insert your platform in your top step. That's how you keep the climb/platform package lightest (6-10 lbs depending on # of steps)

Interested in seeing what gets released tomorrow. I'm not a FB guy so looking for folks who are to post things here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Unless the whole unit is less than 3 lbs you might as well carry a stand alone platform such as the Predator or the Podium.

A WE based platform needs to be insertable into a regular WE step (IMO) so that the step can carry in the regular bag and can be used to climb with. That is how you will save weight & bulk (see Primal plywood platform threads).

If you are not a WE climber (sticks or whatever) than it probably doesn't matter to you. If you are, then I would think you'd want to use your regular 4-8 steps (depending on aider style) and then insert your platform in your top step. That's how you keep the climb/platform package lightest (6-10 lbs depending on # of steps)

Interested in seeing what gets released tomorrow. I'm not a FB guy so looking for folks who are to post things here

X2

Both Wild Edge and out on a limb posted a pic showing a digital scale reading 1.25 pounds. Assuming that will be in addition to the step. In the pic was what may be a piece of the platform. I’ll try to grab a screenshot and post. Give me a few

I’m interested to see what it actually looks like. I saw the Instagram post

Both Wild Edge and out on a limb posted a pic showing a digital scale reading 1.25 pounds. Assuming that will be in addition to the step. In the pic was what may be a piece of the platform. I’ll try to grab a screenshot and post. Give me a few

653e100f6952199cd8571ea095b20435.jpg

Bottom left may be a teaser of it?

Those grooves look about the right width to help the insert set into place on a WE step. If 1.25 lbs I'm very interested! That is a 2.25 lb platform that you could use with Kn/Sw to climb 6 ft above previous climb height!

From what I can see from one of their Facebook posts, it most definitely is a platform similar to the plywood platform. They posted a picture of it hanging on a paint/ powder coat rack and opaquely covered it up but you can see through it if you look hard enough. The grooves appear to be on the outer edge to help with slippage. Can't wait to see it reveled later today.

Just to clear the air, I am owner of out On a Limb Mfg in the past week I have designed a product for the wild edge steps it is a brand new design and will be presented to them today live on Facebook. I am small company just myself and my shop/store help. My customers pay for products same as anyone else. I see finger pointing going on in here Lee74 bought his podium online full price plus shipping. If he likes and praises our products I appreciate the support. Have I met lee in person? Yes I have I have been in the outdoors Mfg market for five years building treestands and accessories. And tower blinds fifteen years before that. We are new in the saddle game trying to help hunters out. We attend six or more shows a year I’m sure I know a lot of the people that buy our products. We appreciate all the support from this group. Thanks

Some of us don’t subscribe to Facebook or instagram or other social media. When you guys launch this can you post a link on here. Not sure the products for me but won’t know until I can see it.

Thanks

Some of us don’t subscribe to Facebook or instagram or other social media. When you guys launch this can you post a link on here. Not sure the products for me but won’t know until I can see it.

Thanks
Not sure mods will let me do that. Maybe one of them can do it tho

Just to clear the air, I am owner of out On a Limb Mfg in the past week I have designed a product for the wild edge steps it is a brand new design and will be presented to them today live on Facebook. I am small company just myself and my shop/store help. My customers pay for products same as anyone else. I see finger pointing going on in here Lee74 bought his podium online full price plus shipping. If he likes and praises our products I appreciate the support. Have I met lee in person? Yes I have I have been in the outdoors Mfg market for five years building treestands and accessories. And tower blinds fifteen years before that. We are new in the saddle game trying to help hunters out. We attend six or more shows a year I’m sure I know a lot of the people that buy our products. We appreciate all the support from this group. Thanks

Welcome. Great to have another manufacture supporting saddle hunters. Thanks.

Welcome! I’m really looking forward to trying out your products. I believe people are sometimes a little biased based on company’s and products that they like. Hopefully yours are a great addition to the saddle hunting arsenal.

Reactions: MBH
Back