• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The QAD squeak

will4554

I have changed the felt on my HDX quite a few times. This is only a temporary fix. Has anyone removed the label from their arrow shafts and had good results? Or use something other than felt? I might just put a biscuit on it and call it good before it costs me a buck.

I love my biscuit. Anyone who says you can’t shoot small groups with a biscuit has never shot a biscuit. They also provide that all-important thing that comes with no noise and no fuss: peace of mind that the arrow is staying TF put.
I’ve had the biscuit for 7 seasons and only switched the insert once.
I’ve never had it tear the fletching off, send shots astray, or be loud, all of which are attributed to biscuits by people who are Archery snobs lol or never shot one because they’re afraid of all that happening.
I don’t think I’ll ever switch. I’m a biscuit man, momma.

Rubbed the label off of my arrows with acetone, no more squeak. I dug out the back up whisker biscuit just in case haha

This stuff works like a charm to remove labels from arrows.

1f70265af65084a4626ba7acb51e386e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This stuff works like a charm to remove labels from arrows.

1f70265af65084a4626ba7acb51e386e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pro tip. Don't soak carbon arrows in a solvent. They're made of carbon fiber and...epoxy.

Had a new guy at the shop try to soak the glue off of some shafts that he hadn't scraped properly for a refletch. He put them in a solo cup full of acetone...

They swolt up big as a cigar. Good times.

This season I went with stealth strip cut into a kinda Y shaped pattern and stuck on there. Seems to be holding up well. It's funny I don't like the stuff for treestands or sticks but I have a bunch of other uses for it.

This season I went with stealth strip cut into a kinda Y shaped pattern and stuck on there. Seems to be holding up well. It's funny I don't like the stuff for treestands or sticks but I have a bunch of other uses for it.
Why don't you like it for sticks or stands?

Moleskin. Works great for me and lasts. It's cheap. I keep a couple extra pieces in my pack just in case but have never had to replace in the field. I like to cut it big enough to over lap just a tad and put a dab of super glue on the overlap. Silent.

I love my biscuit. Anyone who says you can’t shoot small groups with a biscuit has never shot a biscuit. They also provide that all-important thing that comes with no noise and no fuss: peace of mind that the arrow is staying TF put.
I’ve had the biscuit for 7 seasons and only switched the insert once.
I’ve never had it tear the fletching off, send shots astray, or be loud, all of which are attributed to biscuits by people who are Archery snobs lol or never shot one because they’re afraid of all that happening.
I don’t think I’ll ever switch. I’m a biscuit man, momma.
So, for clarification, I'm not an archery snob, I did shoot a WB for 2 years, and I did experience alot of fletching issues because of a WB. Also, on those damp, cold days when things start freezing, that sucker screamed like you just rocked over a cats tail. For me, WB is a hard pass.

Shrink tubing down on both prongs as far as can push then shrink it. Problem solved and will last forever. Your welcome

So, for clarification, I'm not an archery snob, I did shoot a WB for 2 years, and I did experience alot of fletching issues because of a WB. Also, on those damp, cold days when things start freezing, that sucker screamed like you just rocked over a cats tail. For me, WB is a hard pass.
I love the idea of them, but I drew back three times on a doe with one once, and each time I started to draw, she heard the biscuit scrape and looked up.

Mole skin on a qad works for me. I guess in theory something could go wrong with it, but it never has.

I love the idea of them, but I drew back three times on a doe with one once, and each time I started to draw, she heard the biscuit scrape and looked up.

Mole skin on a qad works for me. I guess in theory something could go wrong with it, but it never has.
I've had 2 QAD's not lock when you lift them manually. One two years ago in Virginia and one last time home at the range.
First one a Hoyt I called QAD and they told me they didn't service any of the brands Hoyt,Mathews,Elite Ect.
Both were HDX the last one was on my Synergy not branded just QAD.
I called them and the guy said two ways to help me.
I could either go to a local shop that handled them return with new one and give up old one.
Send it to them and they would repair or send new one in ten business days.
So I opted for the later as I had to go offshore anyhow. It should be home when I get there.
All that being said I shot biscuits for years and loved em then started hanging around the wrong people and now I'm a QAD freak.
So if their branded QAD won't touch them but if their not free replacement.
I asked why you should buy the branded and they said no reason they fit all the bows regardless.
So last night I ordered a new HDX from Amazon $98 and change for a Switchback I've got a biscuit on at home.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

if you’re shooting well with your equipment stick with it. If not, change it up. That’s the bottom line.

That’s the fairest “F-off” I’ve ever gotten lol. Well done sir. Never heard but a whisper out of whiskers, but everyone’s setup is different. And congrats again on a silver tongue my friend!

Back