• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Whaider, whoopie aider.

joesoup

Calling this a Whaider. I used 1/4” amsteel with a loop on one end and whoopie on the foot side. This is sized to fit my Shikars. Testing later and will be adding some elastic and small biner to attach to my saddle.

Attachments

• 63234F97-B991-43A5-92C9-EE387C0CFD65.jpeg
    63234F97-B991-43A5-92C9-EE387C0CFD65.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 209B232A-6C81-46BD-9EA8-09C10A965AE3.jpeg
    209B232A-6C81-46BD-9EA8-09C10A965AE3.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 89
Very nice. I made something like this last year wo the tubing and they also make a solid deer drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling this a Whaider. I used 1/4” amsteel with a loop on one end and whoopie on the foot side. This is sized to fit my Shikars. Testing later and will be adding some elastic and small biner to attach to my saddle.
They work great! Add a soft shackle or a carabiner and you can attach to almost any climbing method.

Have a longer one to use for tension relief if ever needed as well as a lightweight climbing method.
cf56018c648c6119f6aff9255d757cae.jpg

I carry a long whoopie like that as my emergency get down and just general purpose strap/rope/sling.....useful thing that takes no room and weighs nothing.

I carry a long whoopie like that as my emergency get down and just general purpose strap/rope/sling.....useful thing that takes no room and weighs nothing.

I’ve used it to get started on trees that are difficult at the base. Super handy and super simple.

Looks just like the WE aider. I have one and it’s the only aider I’ve tried so far that I actually like.

Back