• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thermacell insoles

Skillbil

Does anyone Have any experience with these or another brand? Do they work? Are they worth the price? How many uses have you got out of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought em, used a couple times and returned them. They didnt work, and if your feet sweat they still get just as cold.

I have the flexible insole type and the rigid red insoles. They don’t get as hot as the instant toe warmers, but they do stay “warm” for quite a while. Couple of quirks with them. Medium weight socks are the heaviest you want to go, otherwise you can’t feel the heat through thick or multiple layered socks. Also, the key to comfort is turning them on before your feet get cold because they don’t produce enough heat to compensate for “frozen” feet. I have found they aren’t for my hunting adventures. I have very high arches and while standing on WE stepps for a platform, the insoles are rather unforgiving. I use them for winter time fishing and when I have gone waterfowling. More sedentary endeavors compared to my hunting approach. Hope this helps.

They put out a little heat. Just enough to mock the chill off. The will not dry your feet or make them feel like you have them next to a fire.
For the price I use the hot hands insoles I think they work just as good.

Personally I love them. They do NOT get hot. Or even warm. They basically keep ur feet what I call neutral. Like wearing em on a 60° day when it’s 20°. That’s my experience anyway. I have two pairs. The ones with removable batteries and the “old” red ones.

Back