• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Things just got real......

jhunter13

SH Member
Great way to end a Monday.....my kestrel flex arrived today and I had some time to hang out at ground level.

This was my first time ever trying a saddle....was extremely comfortable and already see why so many swear by them.

A few questions im hoping someone can help me answer.

Do I leave the clear shrink wrap on my ropes (I purchased the kit) ?

The linemans rope is tied onto the left side, is this how most people leave it or do you girth hitch or replace with caribiner?

Thanks!
15663dabb7abfbe782dcdf9d4dc894dd.jpg

Sorry I haven’t seen clear wrap on ropes besides the tube on a sewn eye. Can you post a pic?? As for the LB fixed on the left side , I prefer it I’m right handed & makes for easy adjustments with your dominate hand.

Sorry I haven’t seen clear wrap on ropes besides the tube on a sewn eye. Can you post a pic?? As for the LB fixed on the left side , I prefer it I’m right handed & makes for easy adjustments with your dominate hand.

The tube on the sewn eye is what Im refering too.

Im good with it on left side, I meant donyou leave it attached while hunting?
Thanks

The tube on the sewn eye is what Im refering too.

Im good with it on left side, I meant donyou leave it attached while hunting?
Thanks
@slonstdy is spot on, protective cover on the sewn eye stays. Yeah it’s standard practice to leave the LB connected & just daisy chain it for rope management & it will hang in a small bundle below your left hip or you can add a pouch to stow it in. Some guys keep the tether in a pouch on the saddle & stuff the LB in there after connected while at height. Whatever works.

Hey man congrats! Leave the plastic protector on the sewn eye, as far as everything else, u will want to customize as time goes on. I’d recommend playing with it for awhile in stock setup though!
Be safe and have fun! That’s what it’s all about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a total noob but I don’t see a problem girth hitching. I was advised to buy option biner for LB it’s not necessary. Even a thicker 11mm rope girth’s fine. I don’t regret getting the extra Kong oval it’s handy to have a spare.

I also have a flex. My linemans is tied. I prefer it to girth hitching. I found tied seems to rotate around the loop better and doesn't snag as much. I use a figure 8. Girth hitching is fine as well. Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe.

I also have a flex. My linemans is tied. I prefer it to girth hitching. I found tied seems to rotate around the loop better and doesn't snag as much. I use a figure 8. Girth hitching is fine as well. Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe.
Thanks. I retied the figure 8 to a caribiner for now. Im sure Ill change things as I get more comfortable.

Great way to end a Monday.....my kestrel flex arrived today and I had some time to hang out at ground level.

This was my first time ever trying a saddle....was extremely comfortable and already see why so many swear by them.

A few questions im hoping someone can help me answer.

Do I leave the clear shrink wrap on my ropes (I purchased the kit) ?

The linemans rope is tied onto the left side, is this how most people leave it or do you girth hitch or replace with caribiner?

Thanks!
15663dabb7abfbe782dcdf9d4dc894dd.jpg
As for the LB, I replaced the knot with a biner move the LB when at height. WAY BETTER!

Back