• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thinking about venturing out

TheYote

I live in West TN about ten minutes from the MS river and hunt the wildlife refuge public land. I’m wanting to venture out to other states around the area for public deer land. I really like Louisiana in general and was wanting to hit up some of their public land but not sure about the area or where to even begin to look. Is there anyone familiar with that state at its public land. I didn’t want to intrude on someone’s favorite spots etc. me being and out of towner lol. I also like the idea of Missouri, MS and maybe even Alabama, Oklahoma ( yes I’m aware it’s not a surrounding state lol) Pretty much any of the surrounding states

Welcome to Alabama, where the only thing cagier than the deer are the hunters! We're the open-book ones...the rest of our compatriots don't have internet, and if they do they'd rather shoot you than tell you anything. ;)

For real though, you're going the wrong direction if you're heading towards the gulf coast. Most of the hardcore Alabama deer guys go north and west. If you're in west Tennessee, I can almost guarantee your hunting on average is better than mine.

Back