• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

This guy makes climbing look easy

thinking one could totally do this with a climbing sling as the foot strap. use your tether for safety. maybe run a line from the sling to your harness in case it slipped off your feet. pack ninja's sling stirrups system to attach at height for a platform. no worrying about stepping into and out of loops on an aider.

Sure, that works on a telephone pole tree, but whattaya gonna do in a real tree with limbs and stuff? I only hunt from trufula trees, since they have lots of limbs for cover. ;)

Sure, that works on a telephone pole tree, but whattaya gonna do in a real tree with limbs and stuff? I only hunt from trufula trees, since they have lots of limbs for cover. ;)
im new to all this so im mostly spitballing and trying to work out which climbing system i want to invest in first. i ask that you humor me and tell me when im wrong ;) but it seems like you'd do the same thing you have to do with any climbing method when you encounter other limbs. you're attached by a linemans loop while you move your tether above the limb. in this system your climbing equipment (your feet) would work around the limb effortlessly. what am i missing?

im new to all this so im mostly spitballing and trying to work out which climbing system i want to invest in first. i ask that you humor me and tell me when im wrong ;) but it seems like you'd do the same thing you have to do with any climbing method when you encounter other limbs. you're attached by a linemans loop while you move your tether above the limb. in this system your climbing equipment (your feet) would work around the limb effortlessly. what am i missing?
Gee, you are new here...

I have a boring job, and like to think I'm a funny guy (since I'm definitely not rich or sexy). I'm just spoofin'. :)

Your technical analysis of Gunga Din's ascent is spot-on though. A 2nd linemans would allow for the safe navigation of truffula limbs.

Gee, you are new here...

I have a boring job, and like to think I'm a funny guy (since I'm definitely not rich or sexy). I'm just spoofin'. :)

Your technical analysis of Gunga Din's ascent is spot-on though. A 2nd linemans would allow for the safe navigation of truffula limbs.
i'd say there's too much lean in the truffula trees...but then you're a better man than i am

I'm interested in what is attached to his feet. A leather sling/strap for spacing of his feet? I think the foot device is the key to the climbing method.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think the strap on his feet just keeps the foot spacing and his lean is what keeps him from sliding down the tree. Im sure one of you smart types will figure out a way to make this somewhat safe. lol

I'm interested in what is attached to his feet. A leather sling/strap for spacing of his feet? I think the foot device is the key to the climbing method.

I think the key to the method is a life void of saddlehunter.com, bacon cheeseburgers, and bud-lite. That's one tough little feller climbing that tree.

What's attached to his feet is not nearly as important as what was on his feet before the climb.....did you catch the magic crocs? That's likely the source of his wizardry.

I used this technique for 3 years without an incident but I grew tired of picking splinters out of my feet.

Back