• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

This weeks CHALLENGE

ImThere

Go to your Garage, Shed, Basement, Man Cave, try to find a unconventional way up a tree! something new, something makes you go why not? or share something new to you, new to us, pics are a plus and a video would be awesome !!!!!!
I guess @Nutterbuster will have two entries this week! lol

come on guys play along you never know what may be the next best thing! everyone wants something named after them!!!!!!!!
yep I'm board at work!
y'all gonna hate me while I'm off work for 8 wks on pain meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really about climbing but I was sharpening the blades on my mower and was thinking that, due to my lack of a 4-wheeler, I could probably haul or drag a deer out of some of the farm land I hunt using my zero-turn. That or get it stuck lol

I saw a video a while back a guy was climbing with a moveable tether with a plank at the bottom to stand on and move up his tether to his saddle and repeating the same kinda inching up the tree he made it look so easy I had to make one to try out but I forgot I am old and not so flexible I haven't given up yet I am thinking a little longer teather may work better it's really lite weight just a small plank and tether

I saw a video a while back a guy was climbing with a moveable tether with a plank at the bottom to stand on and move up his tether to his saddle and repeating the same kinda inching up the tree he made it look so easy I had to make one to try out but I forgot I am old and not so flexible I haven't given up yet I am thinking a little longer teather may work better it's really lite weight just a small plank and tether
Yup, saw that one (or maybe two). Very clever fella. Not sure why I'm hesitating at trying that out, maybe because I'm still fooling with the XOP hand climber top-half... which works really well.

How about this? LOL
Gonna try this and mode the straps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-191147_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-191147_Chrome.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
This is somewhat indirectly related to hunting in that it pleased my wife, and that results in ...more times to climb a tree ...more tanks of gas, more gear, and more hunting w/out quite as much fuss. Just finished this past weekend. NOTICE: There is enough room for new boots :)

Old Boot Storage (...easy guys, those crocks know what you're thinking)

IMG_4439-2.jpg

Materials (2x6 and PVC sawed to differing lengths, Drill)

IMG_4440-3.jpg

New Boot Storage
IMG_4441-3.jpg

If you are like me, and have been condemned for having 'piles of hunting shoes', this may be your answer to getting into a tree more often once fall/winter rolls around.

This kinda looks promising

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-191800_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-191800_Chrome.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 44
I've been working on this out in my barn....
The thrusters expel ozone.:cool:

pic2.jpg

Back