• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

this year's one stick

midTNhunter

I did some one sticking last year with this old muddy stick just to see if I would like it more than my bullman steps. I enjoyed it enough to throw on a cam cleat with 1/4" amsteel. I added webbing sleeves that I took off some resistance bands I had laying around as I read somewhere on here that amsteel is not abrasion resistant going around the tree. Its def longer than most of the sticks I see on here, but I just carry it in-hand and its light enough to be a non issue.

Muddy Stagger Step
Shaefer Marine cam cleat (I went with the 500lb working load)
7' piece of 1/4" amsteel spliced on with a locked brummel

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 169
That must be really stable on the tree with the wide spacing.

That must be really stable on the tree with the wide spacing.
In my experience last season once I pull down it locked in rock solid. I really enjoyed climbing with it other than the cam strap setup that came stock.

I did some climbing today and spent time testing the viability of simply using the stick with no additional platform and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I lean most of the time and it was plenty comfortable on my feet. I was able to pivot around the tree. Hunter260 may have saved me haulin my platform into the woods this season. I am adding a a climbing sling to the bottom rung as a single aider as it was tough to get onto the first rung if I reached as high as possible to set the stick.

Some of those little slip on rubber chair leg covers on the ends of the stick will keep them from digging into the tree and popping. Just slip them on and wrap with tape.

I have six of these that I've never really used because I hate the cam system. Had not thought of one sticking with them.

Back