• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ticks & Bugs? I have the cure

jlh42581

So this isnt really scent control but youll need to think about scent control when using it. If you have seen the homemade tick recipe, ive shared that many times across hunting forums. Its flat out awesome and one other side benefit it has the regular bugs let you alone too. My thermacell is getting moved to my camping gear.

Tractor Supplly - Permethrin 10 - Horse Section - Looks like a fuel stabilizer bottle

Measure 1oz, mix 20oz of water in spray bottle, treat your clothes by spraying till wet while wearing gloves and hanging till fully dry. Once dry its safe it creates a chemical bond to the clothing. Permethrin is derived from a plant. It DOES SMELL. Heres the thing, you can wash it six times or more before needing to treat.

Treat the clothes and let dry, run ozone if you have it, wash and hang dry... boom no more bugs. No ticks, no gnats, no nothing. Ever see that expensive fly fishing clothing called bug off? Its the same stuff, the difference is the fibers of the plant are made into the clothing fibers before the clothes are ever assembled.

1 small bottle lasted me 3 years, treating once spring and once fall all my hunting gear plus my family camping tent. The big bottle is what I bought recently, I bet depending on use Ill get anywhere from 5-10 years if I wanted. I use it with ferocity, no ticks coming home with me.

We also live very rural, 2 acre lawn, this stuff was made for farming and can be mixed in much lower concentrations for treating larger areas. Ill put an oz in a two gallon pump sprayer, and spray my yard now and then. No bugs out there either, this stuff can be dangerous to cats, word of caution.

Back