• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

To web users

I just got a web, I'll be using it with Cranford's or ameristeps for now.

Sorry I did leave out any "hybrid" users. Thanks for your responses!
I use one muddy stick and I stand on the top steps. In a telephone pole size tree or less (I have not tried a larger tree as of yet), I'm able to rotate completely around the tree while sitting with no issues.

While I'm waiting for predator. Also use a summit buck step in some predetermined spots.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181108-185428_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181108-185428_Gallery.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 73
I am fabricating a platform10" round that I am placing atop a shortened Summit Buckstep. Fits in my pack and I am having some custom ratchet straps made to affix it to the tree. I'll put an additional couple of Ameristeps on either side on the strap. Best of both worlds.

Have only had the web for about a month now (thank you redsquirrel) and have about 20 hunts in it and have played with a bunch of different setups, and tree size is a huge factor.
When using spurs I found a single v step to be sufficient on a small tree, I hunted a larger tree and used 5 ameristeps on a boat buckle strap and on public land going in blind I used the top of my muddy stick by itself on smaller trees and both the top of the sticks and my ameristeps on larger trees.

a6dbac4d5aa44f8f4c67ee06ca96d6b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Carrying 6 Jim stepps and knaider/swaider seems to be what I fall back on for 90% of hunts. I keep one or two ameristeps in my pack. I can get on any tree under 20” diameter, from 12-30’ high, and plenty comfortable, regardless of saddle.

I have a couple spots and trees picked out that I will take my assassin platform, and potentially now the new design of the predator. If I’m going in blind though, platforms don’t make sense.

To answer your questions - 90% of my sits in web and hybrid are with stepps or ameristeps both of which are plenty comfy and functional

I’ve found when using spurs, I don’t need a platform at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have only had the web for about a month now (thank you redsquirrel) and have about 20 hunts in it and have played with a bunch of different setups, and tree size is a huge factor.
When using spurs I found a single v step to be sufficient on a small tree, I hunted a larger tree and used 5 ameristeps on a boat buckle strap and on public land going in blind I used the top of my muddy stick by itself on smaller trees and both the top of the sticks and my ameristeps on larger trees.

a6dbac4d5aa44f8f4c67ee06ca96d6b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are those sport climbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top of a muddy pro stick and two Stepps, on on either side of the muddy pro. I use a crossbow and shoot either right handed or left handed, depending on where the deer is in relation to where I am standing on the top of my muddy pro stick.

My preset trees are bolts with 3 at the top for a platform. One on each side like stirrups and a third at 6 oclock pointing towards me incase I need to lean around the tree.

Otherwise my run and gun set up is WE stepps with two at the top.

Cool thing about the web/hybrid is that you can get away with just two bolts and not ware out your feet.

Back