• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Top paws as platform

Killemquietly said:
Hey Wes, how they working out? Put em to good use yet...

Hey man. Used them once so far and I really like them. More comfortable than the screw in steps, and solid once they're set. They're also really quiet. Really don't have any complaints.

Actually just changed my saddle climbing setup to: 1 Muddy climbing stick, 1 7mm rope tied in a loop, and the 2 top paws. Lightweight and works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used some. They work great on a ratchet strap. They are nice and solid and comfortable to use, but they are SO bulky I quit using them. I was using 4 on a single strap. I'm back to ameristeps.

justsomedude said:
Wish there were 4 of them and I wish they stacked/packed inside of each other.

That's my problem. 4 of them are too bulky without the nesting feature. I think they are superior to Ameristeps from a utility perspective, but the transportation/bulk aspect is a GIANT negative.

I've been busy this week with purchases. I got a universal carry strap from Strapworks and a set of Top Paws. I'm hoping to use them Friday morning. I hope I get them by then. I just read the company's lead time is 4-6 weeks. If I like them I might get another set to put 4 on one strap.

Back