• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trade 3/8” carbon rods for titanium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sipsey

I’ve got 15 that are exactly 6” long. I’ve never climbed with them. After reading that a couple of guys in my weight category broke one, I’ve been a little leary. I’ve tried one in a tree at ground level three times. I get a little flex and I think I’ll go back to my grade 8’s.

Anyone with titanium care to swap? If not I’ll sell them and look into buying some.

I don't have any titanium rods, but would be willing to purchase your 6in carbon rods. What are you looking to get out of them?

Seems fair. Put me first in line for sale, but if you would prefer a trade we can give this thread some time.

If I get no takers on the trade by Friday, I’ll contact you, if your still interested then.

I have 13 titanium rods @ 6.250"( not threaded bolts)
Just an 8 foot x .375 " dia. Dowel rod cut down.

We're you thinking a 1 for 1 trade..?

I have 13 titanium rods @ 6.250"( not threaded bolts)
Just an 8 foot x .375 " dia. Dowel rod cut down.

We're you thinking a 1 for 1 trade..?

That was my initial thought. I’ve looked at titanium rods vs bolts and the cost looks similar to the carbon. Am I correct in the cost being similar?
Is your titanium grade 5?

This is what I ordered.
I weigh in at 184 # I've stood with all my weight on one foot and rocked up and down and don't feel any deflection, kid of wallowed the hole in a poplar tree...but they are very soft.

This is what I ordered.
I weigh in at 184 # I've stood with all my weight on one foot and rocked up and down and don't feel any deflection, kid of wallowed the hole in a poplar tree...but they are very soft.
I’m good with a straight swap of 13 for 13 if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back