• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Train kill

Biggest buck I ever seen was on train tracks in metro area. Huge 12 pointer I bet he was 190" easy. I got 15 yards from him. Wife and I were walking on a bike path. I saw some does running about this time of year. I took off to see where they went. They ran on the train tracks and dipped down into some swamp. When I turned around to go back to my wife, there he was just looking at me. We stared at each other for what felt like forever (probably 5 seconds haha) then he trotted off.

I should have put up a camera to at least get a picture.....

That always sucks. A couple of my friends were hunting a big buck close to some tracks for a few years. One of them found it completely demolished on the tracks one morning on the way to his stand. Rack was in piece not much bigger than a couple inches.

Back