• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trampoline material for saddle

sdoyle1

I currently have a jx3 hybrid. I’ve never even seen a real saddle but I’d like to attempt to make one. I’ve got a little sewing experience and I’ve got a machine that will handle anything I need it to do. I’ve been adding webbing and other items to assemble a saddle to my amazon cart. Last year I threw away all of the kids trampoline except the material you jump on. Figured I’d be able to find a use for it. Does anyone have any thoughts good or bad about using this material in place of the milspec mesh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it will work as long as the material is in good shape. Definitely make sure you know what you're doing with stitches and look at some of the diy ideas.

I would also add some extra webbing into your cart for a wraith or wraptor. I think you will find them very comfy as well. You can never have too many saddles.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The seat really doesn’t do anything, load bearing wise. Your main webbing, that’s 1.5-2” thick should be one continuous loop, that’s what’s holding you, if the seat broke you wouldn’t fall through. All that said, I think that material would be fine and hold up well. Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I’ve got at least 12’ diameter circle of it to mess around with. I’ve got some webbing and milspec grosgrain ordered. I already have some tubular webbing. I’ll just have to order some buckles and come up with a pattern to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sun damage may be the problem. Sitting in the sun for years is the worst thing for fabric.

Ours was 3 years old in the sun 8ish months a year in MN when it ripped. Weather damage is real on that thing. My advise is to spend the 10$ on "ballistic nylon mesh" on Amazon. There's enough mesh there for 3-5 saddles and a couple pouches.

Back